Wednesday 15 January 2014

Wednesday

the day Marg calls D Day.
   Started off early, I rode with Pat & Gene to golf this AM.  Hit a great drive off the first hole & that is where it really counts because everyone is watching.  LOL.  Game went OK, but could have been a lot better, well for me anyway.  Played in a group that included a new guy in the park.  I managed to put a ball I really didn't want in the duck pond.  From the racket, I don't think the ducks wanted it either.  Hit enough good shots to go back, in fact going to what is reputed to be the first golf course ever built in Arizona with Gene & Pat on Friday.
   Marg went with the Gamblin' Gals to Ft McDowell.  They never got back until 4:30, so had a full day there.  She was all smiles and dancing in the street, the signal that she made out just fine.  I think she won $95, so a good day at the slots.
  I played some pool in the afternoon.  One of the guys had a demo video shot by his daughter of some of his impressive shots & they were just that.  He told me today that back in Minnesota he was ranked at level 7, but when he started playing here, they ranked him at level 8.  I believe after level 9 are the pro leagues, so he can shoot pool. 
  Supper tonight was the turkey soup dinner.  It is a free dinner to all park residents & is made using the leftovers from Christmas.  It is well attended because it's such a hearty soup, it is more like stew.  Marg took a jug of wine and a box of liqueur flavoured chocolates, that were a big hit.
  After supper I played poker.  We had 8 players at our table, so had to be creative about the games we played.  It took me over an hour before I won the first pot, but then I slowly battled back to a respectable finish by the end of the evening.
  Oh yeh, it was sunny and hot, a beautiful day. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything is going to plan. No golf here so far this year, the course is waterlogged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your having such fun x

    ReplyDelete