Thursday 16 January 2014

Thursday

Another gorgeous day in the Valley of the Sun, I think it was 75F/24C today.
  I had an early morning [7:40AM] dental appointment, kind of early for a retired guy, then I had to go back at noon.  Marg had to get mobile early as well to go with Doris and Patty for pedicures and some other pampering stuff.
  After lunch we went down to Total Wine.  It was Marg's annual adventure, a story you may recall from last year.  We got a shopping cart, to which I added a bottle of scotch and a case of beer.  The cart was - you guessed it -- full!  She is getting her groove on for the gals social activity.  Starting tomorrow night when she is making margaritas at happy hour for.... well who ever feels daring I guess.  She is planning for tomorrow's supper, saying it will be in the slow cooker.  Hmmmm is she telling me where to find it in case she not going to be participating.  Has she been taking party lessons from her granddaughters?  Should I be concerned?  LOL
 After Total Wine it was on to Nordstrom's Rack, one of her favourite places for retail therapy.  She managed to find a few things while I read my book in the car.  The Kobo e-reader gets a good work-out in this scenario.
  The Nordstrom outlet [rack is another name for outlet store here] is quite a distance from here, about 20 miles, so we had to hustle to make it back for happy hour.  And make it we did.  Pretty good sized group there tonight, I think 8 couples.  Not certain what the women talk about, but the men are working on world peace and some other big picture stuff.
  By the time we got back to the rv it was too late to cook, so it was the Village Inn for supper.  The place that is famous for --- FREE Pie on Wednesday nights.  Well on any night if you order the early diner special & we were there before 6PM, so there was only one menu to consider.  You get $2 off the regular price on the early diner menu plus the pie, no decision here.  The food was good, I know you want to know what pie, well Marg had Peanut Butter/Chocolate & I had Strawberry/Rhubarb.
  A great day and good time!

2 comments:

  1. Steak and Kidney is my favourite pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mammon peanut butter and chocolate pie... Sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete