Tuesday 14 January 2014

Jan 14th

A nice day in the Valley of the Sun.  So nice we both wore short pants today & you know I don't switch to shorts if it's even remotely cool. 
  I went for a bike ride this AM.  Didn't make the full route I was taking last year, but with any luck will build up to it.  Marg went for water aerobics this AM & I'm not certain what transpired but she came back with her floater or pool noodle tied in a knot.
  With it being pretty warm out, we had a nice salad for lunch and then went out to do some errands.  I had the zipper tear loose on the cover for the towing hitch on the rear of the RV.  I took it in to an upholstery shop and they were able to re-sew it while I waited, probably 10 minutes.  Anyway the lady apologized saying her minimum charge was $10.  I felt like saying just try to get anyone where I come from to do anything for $10, but just thanked her and left.  Then on to get my watch battery replaced at a repair shop I have used in the past.  Well they must have heard about my previous good deal because they charged me $21 to replace the battery.  I guess it just evened out.
  Finally I stopped to buy an air-time card for my phone as the new SIM card arrived by courier.  We got 120 minutes for $30, but when I activated it, they doubled my minutes to 240. As this gives me 90 service days, that will be all I need for the winter while in Az.  What a deal.  Well I did have the phone from last year, it was $20 when I bought it, so you would have to average that over 2 years now.  I think this is less than my vacation cancelation charge on the phone at home.
  By that time we just got back in time for happy hour.  Even had to rush that so it was more like happy 45 minutes as we had to get supper.  The rush; well it was bingo night and Marg broke her jinx from last year and called out her first bingo.  This should have her in good form for tomorrow when she heads out for a day with the gamblin' gals. My plans are to go and drive a few golf balls out into the desert with the guys.  This will be my first time out since fall, so hopefully a few of them will stay on the fairways.  LOL
  The big Barrett Jackson car auction started today and they had perfect weather for it.  According to some people who were there, it was very well attended today.  Looking for a sweet ride, well that is the place to be.

1 comment: