Saturday 11 January 2014

Sunny Saturday

Pretty nice day, especially in the sun.  I never check the temp, but I think it was around 20C.
  Kind of a lazy start to the day, I never went to the big breakfast in the hall.  That is unusual for me and I will make up for it next weekend.  Washed the front of the motorhome and the windows this AM.  Did some other maintenance stuff as well.
  The big flea market was open today, so we went out there just before lunch and walked around until we had enough.  We picked up a couple of things we might need and checked out some golf cart accessories.  The dash insert appealed to Marg, but she wasn't ready to commit yet, but if I was to place a bet, I would guess one may go home with us.  A real surprise, I met someone I knew, Jim Steele.  He used to be the officer in charge of the Grande Prairie RCMP detachment.  It must have been his keen police training in face recognition as I have not seen him for well over a dozen years.  In fact he had to tell me his name, I must have been having a senior moment.
  Got back to the RV park in time for happy hour.  The couple who host these have been after us to book the site next to theirs for next year.  It seems the last people to camp there moved out because it was too lively for them.  I don't see it, well maybe.  It seems that while us guys were merely sipping our beer; the ladies polished off a couple bottles of Bailey's mixed with some other liqueurs and vodka.  I can't say for certain what her condition was, but Marg was in fairly good spirits [that's a pun]!  She said something about maybe taking a nap instead of supper.  It looks like we will be changing sites for next year & it is gratifying to hear people asking us to take a site near them, rather than pointing out good ones on the other side of the park -- LOL!
  Well the nap didn't happen, we went out to Appleby's with Kenny & Doris.  Lots of fun and really good food. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have settled right back in there. Thanks for the updates. Don't let your designated driver get too much of a taste for the firewater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Mother was drunk again lol

    ReplyDelete