Saturday 11 January 2014

Friday, a little late

Busy day, started off with a visit to the dentist.  Nice ladies there and they remembered me from my last visit in March.  The weather while a little chilly in the evening is gorgeous during the day, hot and sunny.  Well hot for a bunch of snowbird canucks, the locals wouldn't call this hot, just in the 20's.  Cool in the evenings is OK too, it keeps the snakes and scorpions in their dens.  Once the night time temps increase, they become more active.
  I played some pool after lunch, then visited with Bob, the source of most, or a least lots of, info in this park.  Hardly anyone playing pool this year, must be something going on, will have to recruit some of them with the lure of beating me, that usually has universal appeal  Meanwhile Marg went shopping, although not her favourite kind this time - groceries. 
  Went for happy hour where we had a few laughs.  Then BBQ for supper, steak and roast potatoes.  It creates the illusion in the park that I cook, it works surprisingly well.
  After supper it was the animal races.  They had a great crowd out for it, lots of new people.  In fact there are lots of new people in the park, which is great.  I struggled a bit with only 3 winners, but Marg picked 7 out of 8 winners.  It will likely be a while before I hear the end of that.  Lots of laughs again.  I think one of the ladies discovered the problem, only late in the race program.  The zebra had string around it's legs, there must be a dark side to what was happening, and I am not referring to my handicapping strategy.  Oh well, there is always next week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like afix on the zebra.... No doubt the dentist remember you.... Probobaly paid their summer vacation with your last visit...

    ReplyDelete