Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday

Our first Sunday in AJ this winter.
Slept in a bit and Marg made a big breakfast.  A great way to start the day.  Drove down Lost Dutchman and there were a lot of young girls out riding.  Thought of our equestrian, Katy, you could be riding western this AM.
  It was a nice day, so we went for a drive over to Scottsdale.  At Nevada Bobs in GP, the salesman was telling me about a golf shop around here, so went to the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale.  It is without a doubt the biggest golf accessory store I have ever been in.  Quite a drive from here, exit #41 on the 101 loop, but traffic was light.  I can't imagine a club or ball they don't stock.  It was kind of funny, they have bags of tee's that would last a guy like me a lifetime, even if I had bought them when I was 10.  Finally found a ball there that I can't lose.
  Just across the freeway was a Fry's Signature store, so we went in there to check it out.  We were at one a couple of years ago, so being in the area, thought we would see what we could find in there.  This is usually primarily a grocery store, but the Signature stores have lots of other stuff as well.   Marg is looking for glasses so she can provide the ladies margarita's on Friday, but we were not successful with that.  Looks like another party for the wild women she rolls with.
  When we got back, Marg did laundry.  It was either that or go shopping for more gauche.  While she was doing that I went to fill the car, at Fry's in AJ, pretty good deal at $3.09/gallon.  Then I washed it and vacuumed all the crud.  When I got back I did windows and some other cleaning, about as close to detailing as I get; while Marg steamed the wrinkles out of everything.  While doing anything like that in the park, I usually get a half dozen offers for more work and was not disappointed this time.
  By that time it was happy hour, so we went for just one this time.  Well actually I think Marg went back to her flavored water.  Then back to BBQ for supper.
  Had to hurry it up a bit as it was ice cream social tonight.  There is a new crew, so it was nice to sit and visit like the rest of the park.  Clyde stopped by to ask me if the rumour about my wanting back my old job of scooping and I said someone must have misled him.  LOL.  We did it for 3 years & its great that there are others willing to step and take it on now.  Marg had already let Lynette know if she was stuck that we would help out, but they had a full crew. 

2 comments:

  1. A busy Sunday. Funny that you're even retired from the ice cream crew now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun sort Sunday... Katy quite her Saturday job at te stables this week.. They took it well. Said how valued she was and the door would always be open. We made up for the day though on Sunday where we pitched in to help and get all 6 of the horses mucked out in Dormston at Caths .. Katy still thinks it's a lot less work As there were over 30 at the old stables ... But the 4 puppies tryin to help make matters a bit different lol x

    ReplyDelete