Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday

A nice day, yeh I know that gets repetitive, but it really was.  The wind blew a little.  Lots of people seem to be complaining of flu like symptoms.  I say -- Get a Flu shot!
  Went out for breakfast, well it was after 10AM, so brunch, I guess.   Went to the 5 & Diner, it's a restaurant in the shape of the old 50's/60's style roadside diners.  Food is pretty good as well, we usually go there a couple of times through the winter months.  Then stopped in at the Superstition mall as Marg was looking for a Body Shop store.  None there, but I did get a chance to look over the tools at Sears while she went through Dillard's, one of her fav's.  I don't think she was very successful as she didn't appear to have any bags of clothes.  Stopped in at Ace hardware, I needed some string as my wind sock in the colors of the Canadian flag fell down because the string was rotten.  Funny thing about that sun down here, while it is really welcome to us northerners, it really takes its toll on stuff.  You see cars with the paint blistered, the dash will crack and fabric really fades in it.
  Happy hour at the Johnsons, there was a smaller turnout among the guys because many were watching the SF/Seattle playoff game.  All of the wives were there, LOL.  With that in mind we had beer and brats for supper.  Well one of us had beer anyway.  Seattle are the big winners, so most of the guys are happy. 
  After supper it was ice cream social, where Marg had the sundae [get the pun], while I had a banana split.  And that's the kind of day it was.
 
 
 

1 comment: