Monday 20 January 2014

Monday - Jan 20th

Chilly last night, but the day got to 77 and was very nice.
  Went for my dentist appointment, but it seems there were some emergencies and I got bumped 'till Thursday.  They had some other emergency stuff happening, so my missing an opportunity to sleep in was no big deal by comparison.  Even down here the dental office is bilingual, but Spanish is the second language. 
  Got back and went for a bike ride.  This was only my second day riding, must get my act together and ride more regular.  A couple of the guys have asked me to ride with them, but I know from experience that I need to build up to it.  They put on a few miles, while I almost need a rest when I get to the park gate.  LOL
  When I got back to the rv, Marg was gone to water aerobics.  I guess they only had about 10 ladies this AM & one left while the leader wasn't looking.  When she did a head count, I guess she panicked discovering she was one short.  It's an outdoor solar heated pool & Marg said it was gorgeous today 82F. 
  When she got back we had a nice lunch.  After I went to catch up on the park news at Bob's office.  He pretty much sits out on his driveway part of the day and people stop in to chat.  He makes a point of getting to know anyone he has not seen and inviting them to chat.  He usually finds out who they are, where they are from and their winter retreat experiences.  As a result you can usually find out about anything you are interested in that happens in the park.  Some people might slander it and call it gossip, but it is really just an information interface, for all you techies.
  I went and played some pool. and Marg went out for a little retail therapy.  Met a new guy, a banker retired from the Royal in Manitoba.
  Then it was time for the Arizona Opry, it was one of their special shows they called Country Jubilee.  Kind of neat, an act Kenny had booked for the ice cream social last week is now performing there.  A great show and a nice dinner, as usual.  One of the unusual things is the appetizer, it is a piece of chocolate cake, icing and all.  Not just a small piece either.  The dinner tonight was roast beef   A really fun night,





1 comment:

  1. Our dentist used to sometimes make people wait.. But I never complained as more often I was the dental emergency lol
    Looks like a fun day you both had x

    ReplyDelete