Sunday 19 January 2014

Saturday - a bit late

  Not much on our agenda for the day and it was a nice sunny day, so we went to Sunshine Acres.  It's an orphanage that the park here has supported at times in the past.  They have kids of all ages and from all sorts of backgrounds or circumstances.  We were surprised at the size of it, much larger than we anticipated.  They get lots of donations and run what we would call a thrift shop with them.  Much of the furniture is in like new condition and they have a nice selection of good art and household items.
  When we got back to the park, Marg did laundry and I unrolled the awning on the RV.  I really dislike doing that because it is always a mess when it has been rolled up for a long time & on the road.  When I was it, I get soaked, so I always wait for a nice warm day to do it.
  In the evening there was entertainment in the hall, a country singer who calls himself Ron E Cash.  He has been here before and all of our friends always go when there is something like that.  We ended up working at the front door, doing the 50/50 draw.  At intermission the winner is drawn and Gary said because we handled it, we should announce the winner.  I guess it went pretty good, there was a nice payout to the winner.  We danced a lot, more than we have for a very long time.  We even did a polka, almost too much for me, I thought I was going to need a crash cart when I sat down.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment