Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tuesday

What a gorgeous day, the sun shone and it was 80F [27C], a record high for here.  Definitely a short pants day.
  We had problems with the satellite tv reception yesterday, so resolved to fix it today.  Moved the dish away from the palm tree and then had worse trouble with reception.  Got the dish re-aligned by not well enough for HD tv.  Spent about 4 hours on the telephone with Shaw trying to get it sorted out.  Several people since we got here had expressed surprise that we were still getting our tv from home.  The second person I spoke with essentially told me to re-align the dish and then lie to the tech support people about where I am.  When I called back the tech person said you are calling from the US - right?  I said no, I am from GP, to which he said I can see here that you are in the US.  He was a little better when I said either I get this sorted today or we are parting ways.  After a few more adjustments, all I could get was picture, no sound, so I called back.  I told the customer service person [a real oxy-moron] that I fixed my service problem, and when she said that was nice I told her we were quitting them.  We ordered a service locally, so we can see if Marg can get the programs she regularly watches.  When we get back to GP, all the receivers and paraphilia are going back.  Four hours of my life I will never get back.
 We went for happy hour.  We got a picture book from Anna & Craig with wedding photos and Marg could hardly wait to show all the ladies.  Everyone thought it was amazing, especially us.
  Supper was BBQ tonight, steak and roast potatoes/vegetables.
  Bingo tonight, no winners at our table, but Marg was close all night.  usually it cools right off here as the sun goes down, but tonight it is a nice pleasant evening, don't even need a jacket.
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new satellite system, will it be aimed at the same satellite I wonder? Glad the the photo book was a hit, we received ours about a week ago and it has certainly been doing the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your photobook... We are loving ours... Was such a lovely thing for the kids to organise x

    ReplyDelete