Tuesday 28 January 2014

Jan 28th

Where do the days go?  We have been here for over 3 weeks now and it doesn't feel like we even left.
  Marg went to water aerobics this AM.  The weather has been so nice that their attendance has been very good.  The weather is supposed to by good until Thursday, when the daytime high will peak around 80F, then return to normal levels.  The pool, being solar heated is apparently really nice right now.
  When I washed the under side of the awning, a lot of the crud ended up on the side of the m'home, so I washed it today.  The water here leaves spots pretty bad, so after washing it I went over the area with water/rinse agent.  This is one of the few parks that allow the residents to wash their rv's using park water.  Most require you bring in an outside service who supply their own water.  I have been holding off washing it pending the installation of the window, but the window still has not shown up.
  Just about lunch time, Linda came by saying she was going to Ft McDowell and asked Marg if she was interested.  As the gamblin' gals are not going tomorrow, she went.  Didn't repeat her success from the last trip though.
  I had to sit around waiting for propane delivery.  The service we use brings a large truck to the park and once he shows up, he is generally swamped with requests to fill bottles or on-board tanks.  I was about 3 pm by the time he got around to me.  They sell it by the gallon, the price was $3.69, which is pretty good.  I believe the average bbq tank is about 5 or 6  gallons.  Anyway, we lasted pretty good considering that we were not full when we arrived here on Jan 7th. 
  Supper was a joint effort, Marg doing the prep, veggies and baked potatoes, while I bbq'ed the chicken breasts.  Finished with apple pie and ice cream.  Pretty good if I say so myself.
  For the evening it was bingo night in the park, so we both went.  We are real creatures of habit, go with the same people, sit at the same table.  But we are always open to new people, in fact one of the new people in the park was with us tonight.  We had 4 winners at our table, well 3 really as I won twice.  I waited on one number several times after, but I told Marg if I had won again, she would have to call it so they didn't vote me off the island, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. It seems that you are starting to feel better. I noticed that the posts tailed off whilst you had lost your voice, do you dictate this blog for your secretary to type? Great news that the water aerobics has gone co-ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. time flies when your having fun x

    ReplyDelete