Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wednesday

Day got off to an early start.  I drove to golf this AM & Pat being on his own rode with me.  I played with one guy from our park and a couple from Mun Ari.  The lady from Mun Ari is really good and won the closest to the pin tee shot on the 7th hole today.  The longest putt on #4 was a carry-over, so we need to play next week, with the prize being double.  Today I was well on the road to having my best game, probably ever.  I had 6 pars, but the wheels really fell off, on the ninth hole [a par 3] where I took a snowman [8].  Oh well, the weather was perfect and it was a fun time.
  Marg went to water aerobics.  She really enjoys this, so will have to look into it at home.  They were still splashing about when I got back.  After lunch she went out to pick up a few things.  Got some good deals I guess.
  After lunch I went to play pool, but no one was there, so I did some visiting.  I think I have signed on for a bit of a home improvement project with Gerry.  We measured some stuff up, but will see if the job proceeds.  He had a contractor price, but I think he wants to do it on his own and is talking about next week.  We will see.  I am not certain next week works for me as we have been talking about a road trip with the Proulx's down to Yuma.
  We went to Blanke's for happy hour.  They had a bunch tonight, probably 20 or more.  As usual everyone talking, makes you wonder who is listening.  It's always fun though, that's why there are so many.
  It was my turn to cook supper, so we went out to Ihop.  The place Marg suggests when she wants to put me in a good mood.  LOL.  Anyway it was good and fit the time frame available.
  What time frame, well it was poker night.  We had a full table 8 tonight.  We seem to be having that number quite a bit and it is challenging, but we are adapting to it.  Have you ever played 6 card Chicago, well we do!  My poker skills seem to be lacking this winter, or they have figured me out.  Not certain which, but I think I may have lost tonight.  I never keep track as I am just playing for fun anyway.  In fact I wouldn't keep score for golf either, but someone always seems to get a card and tell me what my score is.  Part of my coping mechanism for being too serious about winning at things I am not good at.  LOL
  What did Marg do while I played poker.  Well you may have guessed it, she did laundry.  Some of the drudgery from home follows us around and she handles it well on the road.

1 comment: