Thursday 9 January 2014

Thursday, Jan 8th

  The day started off with coffee & donuts with the morning meeting for park residents, well for me anyway.  Marg didn't attend, it's not her thing.  It was interesting and although there have been lots of changes in the park, this has not been one of the big changes.
  After we went out, Marg to Walmart and me for a haircut.  The Mexican guy I went to last year is still here, so went to him again.  Drove back to pick up Marg, she sure is hard to find in a store. 
  I wasn't going to play pool, but they were so short of players, they came to get me to go with them.  As there were only 6 of us, we each had to play twice, so 6 games for each team.  My partner and I won 5, but our other teams got beat up pretty badly today by Mountainview.
   After I tried to set up my satellite dish.  We get all the same channels as home, when we are down here, but as usual I was unable to get it operational.  Fortunately I had a card from the guy I paid to set it up last year and he got it operational, then the receiver stopped working.  After about 40 minutes on the telephone with Shaw, we are now up and running.
  We went to cocktail hour or is the our for the first time.  It was funny, one of the guys likes cherry whisky and you can't buy it here, so I brought him a bottle.  You would have thought he won the lottery, it was pretty funny the way he carried on.
  After we went out for dinner with 2 other couples.  Went to the Chinese buffet on Signal Butte, it's really good food with lots of variety.  Kenny drove, so all 3 couples fit in his vehicle.  Doris had coupons enough to go around, so we all got the 15% discount.  Don't laugh, it's the senior version of winning the lottery.  LOL.

1 comment: