Wednesday 27 February 2013

Wednesday

Another gorgeous day in the valley of the sun.  How nice, well we were in shorts all day.
  Got up early and went golfing with the group in the park.  Gerry C came in from Phoenix and joined us.  He had a really good game, won the long putt contest and scored 38 for the nine.  I had a 44, which for me is awesome, in spite of a 7 on the first hole.  Sometimes the wheels just fall off.  Gerry was really happy because he kicked butt & in the last couple of games had been higher than me.  Even though he usually scores better than me, I tell him we are not competing; I don't know as he sees it that way.  LOL
  Got back in good time and I spent part of the afternoon repairing a chair.  The one the fabric tore on; that I started yesterday.  Well I could have finished, but for the happy hour break.  Most of the people we know in the park went to the rock & roll show at the Az Opry.  We would have except we already went to the regular show & had concerns about the meal working for me.  The rest of the people we know went to another musical performance, some kind of western music I believe, but we opted out.
  I did play pool this afternoon.  Started with some guys playing call shot 8 ball, just for variety.  Every so often a group of guys will play a different games, usually with rules from home.  Then played with Luther, we usually have good games & today was no exception.  We play a similar style and get lots of laughs.  There were a bunch in there today.
  After supper Marg went shopping, Ross' I think.  That is one of her regular stops.  I played poker tonight.  We had a good group tonight, much better than last week.  I think I was close to break even, maybe down slightly.  I don't really count it, just judge my progress by how full or empty my bag is.  It is my, I really don't care as long as it is fun system; a little like not keeping score sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you have to forget about the score card... Sounds like a great day xx

    ReplyDelete