Thursday 28 February 2013

Thursday

We both got up early and went to coffee & donuts this AM.  Several people came over to make a humorous comment to Marg, as it is not her regular routine, LOL.  Well I may have to eat those words, this was about the third time she has attended, so they may start to think she is a regular.  Our table was drawn last today for donuts, a usual place for me.  I must be a jinx, I can only recall a couple of times that I wasn't last.  People are starting to shun me in hope that I don't sit with them more than once, well not yet, but they will.  In fact Jim, the guy who conducts the draw doesn't even look my way anymore when the table number comes out last.  Last night at poker several guys were complaining about the Wi-Fi in the park, so I brought it up at the meeting.  It really opened the flood gates, as a lot of people are dissatisfied with the service.  It seems they don't have adequate resources as a common complaint is that you just get punted in the middle of doing almost anything.  One person said the guy who looks after it can usually be found in Starbucks with his laptop, hah!  At the end the moderator asked if I had my solution, to which I replied yes, I would be taking the laptop to Starbucks.
  I played pool in the inter-park tournament today.  I drew Elmer as a partner and we usually do really well.  I say usually because today we only won one of our three games.  They were all good games and we really drug them out, some people were starting to give us a hard time about an all day game, LOL.
  We went to happy hour.  Talking with a few of them, most of the people there have never seen Canadian money.  I took over a looney, twoonie, a plastic bill and some regular ones.  They were really taken with the plastic $50 and the twoonie.
  And that's the kind of day it was.

1 comment: