Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tuesday

Wow the difference a nice day makes.  The sun was shining, it was a warm gorgeous day.
  Went for a good bike ride this AM.  The air was a bit cool earlier in the day, so it was a great day for a ride.  Getting a few miles on the ole velocipede this year.  It's getting so I can do it without collapsing in an air gasping heap.
  When I got back we had lots of company, so visited for a while.  I think Kenny is trying to get me a job as auditor for the books kept by the association.  In fact I know he is.  Anyway I told them my degree is a Canadian one, so not certain it has status in Arizona.  I don't think he is totally sold on that, LOL.  This is the kind of work I have spent most of my life avoiding. 
  After lunch I went a played some pool.  It has been some time since I have played.  It seems I had not totally forgotten how.  I was playing with a group including one of the older guys in the park who doesn't like anyone who plays safety or hooks.  Anyway I moved their game ball out of the way, which usually doesn't sit well with him & true to form I was notified.
  After Marg went out for some groceries while I waited for the propane delivery.  This was our 3rd fill this winter, 13 gallons this time.  The cold winter nights on the desert are not to be underestimated.  The furnace runs a few times throughout the night.  If you are like me when I first came here & never really thought of the desert as being a cold place, it sure is at night.  There are few nights where a jacket is not required to be comfortable.  But it doesn't need to be down filled, LOL.
  I spent most of the rest of the afternoon trying to repair the fabric on a chair.  Well today was visitor day, I had someone chatting with me the entire time, so never completed the repair.  Well I guess I could have, but had to quit for happy hour.  Somehow its not the same with a bottle of water.  Well Marg always goes with a coke, but me, not so much.  Anyway everyone gave me a hard time about rusting my pipes drinking this much water.  Just wait, this too will change!  At happy hour the girls were asking Marg whether we got the gold from my teeth to cash in.  She told them we did, but it was a small part of the approx. $20K we had invested in my teeth over time.  Lynette said gee that's the price of a car, we should call him motor mouth.  I guess it got some laughs.  Haha - everyone thinks their a comedian.
  At bingo tonight there were 3 winners at our table.  It was Marg's first win this winter.  The others were one of the gamblin' gals & Doris, so all friends of hers.  It was really funny because at intermission Marg had asked how to get her numbers called & Jerry said - sometimes candy works.  When she got back she dug a candy out of her purse for the caller; sure enough success!  Pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like retirement has brought all the accounti g jobs you never wanted... Thanks again for sorting me out I ve more love you xx

    ReplyDelete