Wednesday 20 February 2013

Feb 19th

A day that will live in my memory for a while.
  A nice sunny day, a bit breezy, but that is probably the cooler weather coming off the coast. Yesterday was 80, today 75 & tomorrow will likely only reach 55.  Almost like where if you don't like the weather, just give it a day.  Hope fully it will be our last cooler period of the winter.
  Didn't do much today, mainly hung around the rv park.  Everyplace I went someone was wishing me well, what a great bunch of people we have met down here.
  Anyway went to the dentist today for my surgery.  Dr. Call seems a pretty decent guy and the dental staff are more than friendly.  It's a very personal atmosphere in the office and they seem to know their jobs well.  Tough to really gauge after only a couple of visits, but the office was well recommended by Brenda.  All seems to have worked out as it should and I am doing as well as one would expect after 13 extractions.  I have the intravenous sedation and this was the second time.  It really does make me silly and Marg has been entertaining me with the goofy stuff that I do when I am coming out of it.
  Well just before we left the Dr office he said well I guess I am missing happy hour tonight ,then asked if he could have a few whiskeys tomorrow lol. When I got him home he was still really out of it , there were a few people walking by as I was trying to get him out of the car asking what was wrong as they had gauze in his mouth for the bleeding and he was trying to visit with them and was not able to really speak , he was still in lala land lol.
  My darling wife is  playing nurse to me and I think I may have after effects for the next 6 or 8 months, I like it so much.  Got some pretty good pain meds, so everything is under control here in AJ.

2 comments:

  1. We've got a couple of good nurses, no wonder we are such model patients. When the dentist said no whiskey due to the anaesthetic you should have said "well if you can't have one, I won't either"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased it went well... Sounds like a pretty stressful day even though they did a good job of sorting you out at the surgery as well as Mom back at camp... we women surr have out nursing duties ahead of us.... rest well... Love you both xxx

    ReplyDelete