Monday 18 February 2013

Monday

  Early start for Marg.  She went with the gamblin' gals to Fort MacDowell and they played bingo & slots.  One, the driver did well and won big at bingo, but alas success was not to be for Marg.  It seems she is jinxed this year and has yet to cash her first good win.  Their ride came at 8:30 and they got back around 4:15, so it was a full day.
  I went into Phoenix today to play golf with Gerry Canuel.  We played at the same course, Encanto.  It was a gorgeous day, it wasn't long before I had the pant legs zipped off to have shorts.  We were paired with a young fellow who hits a long ball, but hadn't played much in the last while.  Hit the big Taylor burner well right from the first tee and just kept cruchin' em all day long.  The course played slow, it was jammed being Presidents day.  Chipping and putting were better as well; although I only carded 2 pars, had lots of putts that could / should have been.  At the end of the day I was pleased, even though I took an 8 on 18 as I was 43/48 for a 91.  That is pretty awesome for this old guy. 
  Traffic wasn't too bad on the way home.  Usually we play later in the day and I drive home at the tail end of rush hour.  That means traffic, especially where the 202 & 101 connect.  There is usually bumper to bumper in all 8 eastbound lanes, but not so today.  Got back to the rv park just a few minutes after Marg.
  Long day so we went out for Ihop.  That is always good in my view.  I think it was like the last supper.  Having the dental surgery tomorrow at 2PM, so it will be pudding and jello for a few days.  Not like the last time though as Marg didn't bring the Winnie the Pooh bowl.  If you don't know that story, you'll have to ask her, it's not one of my favourite memories.

1 comment: