Thursday 5 April 2012

Thursday, Apr 5th

A very nice day in AJ, I think it got to about 90F in the sun. There was a bit of wind and the breeze was very welcome. Started out the day by going to coffee & donuts. The big surprise for those present was that Marg went. I think in the 3 months we have been here, that has only happened 2 or 3 times. For some reason she was up at 6AM today. I think it might be her way of getting ready to travel. Travel days she is usually up at the crack of dawn and ready to roll very early in the day. In the afternoon I was busy, but a couple of guys came by asking Marg if I could come out and play. I was down the block visiting when this happened but could see them at the motorhome, so thinking Bob needed help with his move came to see what I could do. Turns out Bob is leaving tomorrow & they just wanted one last game. I went and played pool with them. Lots of laughs, a couple of good guys. For supper we went and met Gerry & Deb at the Golden Corral, buffet. It's really good and we wanted to say goodbye to them anyway. The food is always good; the steaks are tender, the salad bar well stocked and the desserts include bread pudding, chocolate volcano, a chocolate fountain, ice cream, a candy floss machine. Well you can see why we went. We are nearing the end of the blog season for you followers & lurkers, as we travel homeward Saturday. Are we looking forward to it - YOU BET!

1 comment:

  1. Bless always a good sign when you have had a great time, yet still look forward to returning home... Lots of fun stuff to come.. Weddings, laughs at the lake and all the exciting things we have planned for your European vacation.. We were at the pub with Cath and John after riding, sorted some golf clubs for you to borrow while your on the island... And a bar stool close to the beer taps .. I hear there are a few decent pubs I. Wales too xxx

    ReplyDelete