Friday 6 April 2012

The time has come....

One of my favourite lines - The time has come the walrus said, to think of many things....
Our last day in Carefree Manor / Apache Junction. We have had the best winter yet and have really come to feel part of this snowbird scene. It is a time not just of endings; but beginnings as we close this chapter & open a new one.
We got up early and went with 2 other couples to the Mesa market. Some really good deals and the crowd was much smaller today. We got a few things we didn't know we needed until we got them, LOL! After we stopped at In & Out Burger for lunch. Norm & Mavis had never been there and they were amazed at how quickly you get served with good burgers & fries. Pretty funny, what would you expect at a place with that name, LOL!
After I stopped at Ace hdwe and got some rv antifreeze. Hard to imagine as it was about 87F and was not an antifreeze kind of day down here. They were sold out in the 2 Walmart stores we tried. Looking at the weather in Montana & Alberta, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be required.
Went for the last cocktail hour with the bunch from the park and then supper was Filberto's. It's a Mexican fast food place, sort of like their version of the golden arches. As luck would have it, we had a coupon in our coyote coupon book so the meal was 2 for one, what a great way to end the trip, Hah! The food was pretty good actually & I couldn't tell the difference between it and the more expensive place we went once the sauce was on. I could become a TexMex fan yet. Couldn't finish there was so much food, $10 well spent.
After we got back, I went to play poker. Marg had bought a 1 or 2 ounce Crown Royal that was in a mini purple velvet bag. I took the bag and filled it with coins. When I got to poker the guys said whaaat! So I told them that they had beat me so bad the last 2 times that was all the change I had, so had to downsize. Everyone got a great laugh. We had a good time and although I never won a hand for about 45 minutes, came out OK, the little bag was still full.
Marg and some ladies went for a swim. It was pretty hot, 87F, I think and they all went to cool off. Brenda had gone out for dinner and was dressed up, but stopped in to see what they were up to, but the couldn't convince her to go get her suit on. After dangling her feet in the pool for awhile, she thought they were having too much fun, so just jumped in with her clothes on. I guess they all had a hilarious time, ending in the hot tub.
Said our farewells and left to finish packing.
Some useful Spanish I picked by eating Mexican -
Quisiera [kee-seeay-rah] - I would like
Tengo hambre [tayn-goh-ahm-bray] - I am hungry

1 comment:

  1. Your taco mad Grandaughter would live the trx mex place... All good things must come to an end.. Shame travel safe xxx

    ReplyDelete