Saturday 6 February 2010

Saturday

Another nice day in the Valley of the Sun. Everyone here is from someplace else, so lots of talk about the winter weather where they came from. No one tries to impress me with cold anymore, they usually just ask how cold at home and simply shake their heads. My response is that when you grow up in it, you don't know any different. Marg went out with 4 other ladies to do yard sales, Sue drove as she knows the area well. Marg came back with a big bag of paperbacks, all dusters. After lunch then she drove and 4 of them went to Costco in Mesa to get stuff for the lunch tomorrow. They were pretty impressed that she knew her way there without their guidance. A major adventure, for those of you familiar with her sense of direction. She came back with the biggest tequila/margarita bottle I have seen [from Costco]. Apparently Sue, Betty & Anna like margaritas as well. It was my turn for a less exciting day. Messed around with the satellite connection until I knocked it out. A guy [Pat] at the other end of out row from Ontario suggested I get ahold of a guy from Alberta just up his row who had satellite problems and solved them a while back. It was me he was referring to, LOL! After that I re-caulked the shower stall with that RTV silicone as it has a very small leak, where is Phil when I need him, arghhhh. Tomorrow will tell whether I just smeared it or actually got a decent seal.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marg, Save some of that bottle for when I get there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you Phil misses being there as well... he would love to lend a hand. Would have loved to fly out and meet you guys there... its hard to believe its now a year since we met up in Florida last year... have to start saving to do something like that again one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real trick that we don't share with the pulic is masking tape each side of the joint when caulking, you can smudge away to your heart's content with soapy fingers and when you pull away the tape and give it one final run with the finger it looks like you knew what you were doing. (which you did)

    ReplyDelete