Friday 5 February 2010

Feb 5th

Day started out cloudy, but by mid morning it was nice and sunny. Went and got my glasses again, I hope they are better this time. We'll see - thats a pun! Played pool after lunch, til about 4 o'clock. Talking with the guys, accents came up. I said that Phil & Chars friends in B'ham thought I had a pronounced accent & was hard to understand. Glen said its just a standard mid-western accent & couldn't see what was so difficult. That's the first I heard there is even an accent that I resemble. Marg went shopping to Frys & the Superstition farm store. The fresh vegetables and fruits are quite remarkable there. Lettuce was 25 cents a head and she had 4 huge bags of fruit and veggies for under $20. She came back all excited because she made her first U-turn. That is one of the unique things here, you can make a Uturn at almost every set of lights or intersection. She had been giving me a hard time about being too ready to make one, but now sees the power of Uturns - LOL! Went out for dinner to My Big Fat Greek. We had seen it driving by and decided to try it. Food was great, but the portions were way to huge, so a doogy bag was in order. After we got back her friend Sue & Betty came by to make arrangements for tomorrow. Five of them are leaving to check out yard sales at 8:00AM and then to Costco to pick up a bunch of stuff for the memorial service lunch.

1 comment:

  1. The true test on the new specs.. was how did the pool go? Sounds like great deals on the fresh produce... .sure beats the Mennonites at the lake. LOL

    ReplyDelete