Sunday 15 March 2020

The Ides of March 2020

The Ides of March are upon us.  The sun shone brightly and it was a gorgeous day reaching about 25 or 6 C around early afternoon. 
  I went out early to the Mesa marketplace where I traded a few pocket books.  I went over to the used golf club stalls to check out old clubs.  There is one that always has wood shaft clubs and today he had a used Taylor Made M4 driver.  After a bit of debate I decided against it, the deciding factor for me was not getting to try it out.  I stopped the large Walmart over there and the situation was a bit better, they had some milk and meat on the shelves today.  I really went for printer ink as mine were done and I had the audit report for the tenants association to print.  Marg did a couple loads of laundry this morning.  With the warm weather it was a good day for drying out on the back patio.  Marg also had a facetime with Charlene in the morning, they are having the same virus problems we are experiencing.
  When I got back we had a bite to eat, French toast today.  Always a favourite of mine, so a good day.  We had a facetime with Bill & Patti after lunch and talked about moving our departure time from here up to when the weather is clear.  There are not as many virus cases here in Arizona as they have in Alberta.  Apparently they are experiencing the same food panic at home that we are here.  I guess it is a bit like rolling the dice on which way to go.  There will be no doubt that we will have to self quarantine for 14 days in any event on our return.  After installing the printer cartridges I printed the reports I needed. 
  A bit later I went to negotiate with the prospective buyer for the golf cart.  He is a friend but his work history is in selling used vehicles, so a seasoned negotiator.  I had to leave prior to completing a deal as we had a celebration after the success of last evenings event.  There was still a lot of liquor left and it was a nice get together. 
  Supper was bbq with steak, potatoes and veg in a tinfoil and a bit of chicken.  It turned out very nice, but it was late enough that we missed out on the ice cream social.  I still went to play pool after ice cream.  Marg did the banking and then payed the balance due, so that is not a loose end.
  The more we talk about it, we seem to be heading to an early departure from here.With the weather and all it looks like if we don't leave by Saturday we could be stuck until the month end.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we missed you on the FaceTime.. will definitely catch you in your bday. Stay safe from all this craziness xx

    ReplyDelete