Tuesday 17 March 2020

Monday, March 16th

A gorgeous day in the Valley.  The sun was up early and temperatures in the 70's, reaching 80 by mid afternoon.
  We had a busy day today.  Yesterday we made a decision we will be returning home much earlier than planned.  While we do not have specific day, departure will be before the weekend is over.  In the morning Marg counted the money from the Entertainment committee twice to be certain of the amount.  With the governor calling an end to any assembly of people exceeding 50 in number she decided to turn in the money she had on hand for the committee.  They started the year with $300 from the association with no expectation of any return other than fun events.  After the last event on Saturday they decided to cancel the rest of the ones planned.  The final tally was something like $803, so a very successful year both financially and with the events they put on for the members here.  When she took the money to the Treasurer he was quite surprised and pleased to have it wrapped up early.  We still have the final report to complete.  I say we because I will be acting as her scribe.  LOL
  I had lent my compressor to the neighbour across the road and the tire gauge fell apart, it was just a cheap model.  So he went and bought me a very nice one when he returned the compressor.  It was too much so I went over telling him I couldn't accept it but thanked him anyway.  Here is an odd thing, his name is Chuck and that is a slang we use for the air nozzle that fits in the hose.  Then I organized a few things as I have been cleaning out the shed and moved the Az room.  I also went to visit with one of the guys [from Stony Plain] who offered to take some stuff home for us to see how much room he has available for our stuff.
  I had committed to play golf with 3 other fellows, so had to leave at 11 AM for that.  When Mickey picked me up he said you're driving.  He has had a few problems and doesn't feel comfortable in some of the high traffic areas.  Nice truck, it's a Chevy diesel with a chip in it that takes it up over 500 hp and a button to push to go over 700, man that thing boogies.  I went a bit of a different way than he is familiar with to avoid the mini-stack and he was so please that it's his new route.  He put on the this golf day as a special deal as he wanted us to play the Raven. It is an upscale course, tough and a bit pricey for me.  Well it turns out he got it together for $60 and that included carts and a free lunch [anything off the menu].  It's one of those where they take your clubs out of the vehicle, give you free range balls, have a large practice area for: driving, chipping, putting.  I think the regular rate at the Raven is $125 per person, which in Canadian would be about $165, so a real experience.  I played unbelievable well on the front 9 at 46, but fell apart on the back as a result of the heat and just losing my mojo.  The funny thing was - he plays this system where each person partners with a different player for 6 holes, receiving a point for each hole the pair wins.  My pick of partners was pure luck and I had the highest number of points or wins, despite the worst score, so that kind of brightened my day.
  Marg had a bunch of stuff packed up in the afternoon, she is an amazing woman.  She also negotiated a sale of the golf cart to the Treasurer.  When she makes up her mind to do something, nothing stands in her way.  That is a major thing off of our things to consider while getting ready to depart here.  The price was a bit of a compromise, but a very fair one to both parties.  I think she also went around and invited a few folks to birthday cake tomorrow.
  One of the fellows I golfed with wanted to go for dinner when we returned so Marg and I joined them at Denny's.  The restaurant was not busy and the food was good, so a nice way to finish the day.
  No blog post yesterday as I plain old fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the golf went well, and I seem to have inherited the nickname chuck as well whe I was little lol x

    ReplyDelete