Wednesday 18 December 2019

Wednesday, December 18th

A bit nicer day today, although the weather fell to about 40 last night, it warmed up quickly.  It ended up being a pretty nice day.
  Marg made some biscuits for breakfast and they were very good.  Always enjoy the way butter melts on them when they are just out of the oven.  Marg had picked up a nice jar of strawberry jam that is the perfect finishing touch for them. 
  After breakfast, Marg put in a load of laundry, whites first then one of darks.  There was a bit of a breeze and while not as effective as a hot day for drying, none-the-less it worked well.  The only negative was one of her drying stands blew over and broke, so I ended up rebuilding it.  It used to be a collapsible stand, but now is very much fixed in the open position.  We kind of hope it lasts the season, so fingers crossed.
  Then we went out to Home Depot where I was looking for a few things for maintenance.  One was a rain pipe extension and I was looking for anchor bolts to fix some cue racks in the pool room, stuff like that, nothing major. When we got back Marg did up a few Christmas cards.  Even though we did the majority of them last week, a few keep showing up and she likes to reciprocate.  I delivered those and took the garbage down to the dumpster bin.  It is interesting that the recycle was totally full, while the garbage ones don't usually get quite that full.  The recycle program here was an initiative of the tenants association and seems to be well supported and used.  When you think of this kind of thing a lot of times you relate it to the youth, but our generation have certainly taken it seriously.
  Lunch was back at home today.  Some very nice croissants Marg had picked up the other day.  The pair of jeans I am wearing today, seem a bit loose and given the way I eat it's hard for me to believe I can do anything but gain weight.  They must be stretchy or something like that, right?
  After lunch I went to play pool.  Played with 3 fellows, 2 of whom are regulars there and for some reason they all brought their A game today.  Competition was tough and the win / loss was pretty evenly spread among the group.  The one fellow is a long time resident here, but just started playing pool.  As it turns out it seems he has spent quite a bit of time around a pool table.  He was complaining about the quality of cue sticks in the racks for anyone to use, so I brought my extra cue for him to use.  Not sure if that was a factor, but he certainly played like it was.  LOL  When I got back I posted some stuff on facebook for the association.  Now that may not seem like much, but by the time i scan it, crop it and post it, each one takes a bit of time.  Marg did some stuff with laundry and some other in-house maintenance.  These places are dusty and there is always stuff to do to keep up with that.  She had some visitors today and one of her buddies has been having medical problems today, so she went down to spend some time with her.
  Supper was a kind of seafood deal with Coquille st Jacques on a half shell and shrimp, very nice.  Being Wednesday, you know it was poker night, so we ate and were done a bit early.  There were 6 of us tonight and it was a fun night.  I started off not doing very well, but about the mid point started to win my share of pots.  As I don't tally up, I'm never really sure, but I think I did OK.

1 comment:

  1. Had to laugh when I read this first thing in the morning my eyes are a little fuzzy... and I saw the word anchor I had to reread the sentence lol x

    ReplyDelete