Sunday 8 December 2019

Sunday, March 8th

A nice day, not hot, rained in the morning then sprinkled once in a while, but still very pleasant.
  I went to the church service this morning in the park.  It was pretty well attended and the pastor did a fine job even though the piano player was not able to be with us and there was no singer to lead in the hymns.  I would like our pastor at home to here the sermons here, it might inspire him as they seem to be a topic among some of the congregation.  Well I have to admit the sermon did run a little long today, but maybe I am the one missing something here.
  While I was gone Marg took the time to shower and work on her hair.  By that I think she may have dyed it, as there may be some grey creeping in.  Not like me who is pretty much totally grey.  After I got back I made oatmeal and we sat down to a nice steaming bowl of porridge.  I found a different pot in the cupboard that I like much better for this.
  After we decided to go out for a bit.  I wanted to get a pool accessory that I could use to soften up the tip on one of my cues as I am having a lot of miscues, so went to Dicks sporting goods.  They never had it, but there was a Nordstrom Rack in the complex that we stopped at.  Marg never found anything, but got me a pair of slippers that she thought were much better than the pair I bought last week.  They are much warmer than the last ones, but as it turns out both pairs are made by the same company even though they come from different stores.
  Then it was on to a billiard store the salesman at Dicks referred me to.  As it turns out the store was closed, but it was in an area we are very familiar with.  Just up Stapely was the Organ Stop pizza and across Southern was the big Mexican grocery store we go to.  Same one we took Char and Phil to.  Being in the area we stopped in for some things: Mexican sweet rolls, Chicherrones, oranges, etc. 
  By the time we got back home it was just after lunch.  Not being too hungry after breakfast, we just had a snack with some great nacho's as well as: salsa, guacamole, sour cream and some shredded cheese.  Marg's buddy Lynette came over shortly after and they had a coffee.  It was then I discovered my facebook account was changed to Spanish.  At least with the French I could sort of figure out how to change it back to English, with Spanish - de nada.  I called the geek squad to get help with my laptop being so slow and reached their call center.  A fellow named Bolivar was very helpful.  I gave him control of the laptop remotely and he fixed a lot of the problems.  The main one was that the disk was 100% all the time.  He tried a few things, like using Readyboost combined with a flash drive, then a hard drive monitor, then a virus checker and over the course of an hour or two with me on the phone all that time I think he got it sorted out.  The scan he ran did turn up a threat that it deleted.  As he was ready to sign off I asked about the Spanish on my facebook.  While he still had control of the laptop he went in and turned it back to English.  A bit frustrating, but thankfully he took pity on me as my service contract on this machine lapsed long ago.  I have nothing but positive things to say about the geek squad at Best Buy.
  Somewhere through the day, Marg had set up some pork chops, potatoes, vegetables in a slow cooker.  Thankfully there was supper on the table at a reasonable hour and it was very good.  After supper we went to ice cream social.  Normally I have a split; but today we both just had a dish of ice cream.  The crowd was a bit smaller at ice cream tonight, probably because of the rain after supper.  After ice cream a group of 5 of us played some pool and Marg went back to our place to get some Christmas cards done.  She finished all we had and still needs a few more and a few American stamps to mail some to folks who are not here.
  A busy day, but a productive one.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had the geek squad to sort you... I figured it sounded virus’s ... Glad you made the service today too... yum, love that Mexican supermarket x

    ReplyDelete