Sunday 15 December 2019

Sunday, December 15th

Charlene just pointed out my dates are wrong, it must be back to when my watch strap broke, but my wrist watch was out a day.  Talk about a Christmas rush.  LOL
  It was a nice day, although we had a cool wind the sun shone brightly.  It doesn't appear the high temp got over the 60's.
  I had some pictures yesterday some that never made the Facebook post on the association page:
 Marg's Christmas sweater really should have won the ugly sweater contest, you had to see the material it was very fuzzy.
John & I had the same sweater, from different stores.  You can't see in the light, but they had flashing Christmas lights all through the antlers.This was a game call jingle bells, I had to shake them out of the kleenex box to win.  Most people had 1 or 2 left, I had about 10.
Marg with vaseline on her nose.  You had to put it on to catch the red fuzzy Rudophs nose.  It was held in her teeth and using head movement had to be tossed up to catch on the nose.
M
Here is Marg trying to catch it, of all the people who tried only 3 managed.
This was the snowball fight.  They were cotton balls about the size of a baseball and there were lots of them.  As you can see in the air.


  I got up early today and went to the service.  It was well attended, probably because it also included a celebration of life on a congregation member who recently passed on.  The pastor did a good job tying everything together as even he commented on it being unusual to combine the two events.
   Marg did some laundry this morning, but waited until the service was over.  As it was bedding after washing it she took it to the laundromat for drying and the laundry is closed while the service is in progress.  I generally go along to help fold the sheets, something she is quite particular about.
  A bite to eat for lunch and we were out of here.  We went down to Macy's at Superstition Mall for some retail therapy.  Well I sat in the truck reading a pocket book.  When she came out to the truck it wasn't that long [judging from the number of pages I read], but she had a large bag.  It turned out she had 9 tops, that must be a record for her.  She found a last call area where she got one that was 80% off and while there were sales on the others, that was her best deal. 
   Then back home where one of the guys called me over to say he had a tee time for a foursome on Tuesday if Gerry and I were interested.  It didn't take long to confirm with Gerry as he had been wanting to play the Links at Queen Creek [a new course to him] and our regular weekly game has not started yet.
  Supper tonight was eat in and then it was ice cream social tonight.  There were a few less than the previous week.  I had the banana split and Marg the cake & ice cream.  Well they will give you cake with a split, but for me that is too much.  A group of guys have started playing pool after ice cream, so tonight there were 6 of us.  The guys I played with were on a table that was just recovered last week.  It was done with a new type of cloth, not felt.  It feels a lot like competition cloth and is very fast, so a bit of an adjustment to play on.

2 comments:

  1. I bet 9 times is the whole of my wardrobe lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well not sure the number is actually 9 but they were all at deep discounts, did you read the 80% part. Mom has almost no stores at home where she has any luck, so when she sees a bargain here, one that she can't pass up, well.

    ReplyDelete