Saturday 14 December 2019

Saturday, December 15th

Another nice day, I can never say that too often.  Although it was about the same as yesterday, it was a pleasant day, shirt sleeve weather.
  I got up and organized early enough to go for the breakfast in the hall.  They increased the amount this year, it's $4 now.  When you consider all they offer including coffee, it's still a good deal.  This morning I had blueberry pancakes, eggs & bacon.  I could have had sausages as well, but that would be a bit much for me.  This breakfast crew also offered a choice of sticky bun or pancakes.  It usually is not much of a choice as when they have extra made and don't want to throw it out one of them come around offering a sticky bun and at other times extra pancakes.  They did this morning, so I had an extra pancake.  They were really good.  I never had coffee, rather took my own orange juice from home.  It was busy when I got there, but managed to get a seat at a table with friends.  By the time I got back, Marg had put in a load of laundry and was having a bowl of cereal.  While I like cereal, I don't get it when the alternative is a full breakfast.
  We went out to the flea market on the trail.  There is a booth there where the guy sells tools, kitchen gadgets and old golf clubs.  He had two wood shaft clubs, one a putter with a brass head, quite nice actually.  Last year he had an old club from Scotland that I wanted, but it sold while I was trying to out-negotiate him, so I just went to see if he had picked up any more like it.  Not seeing any we never bought anything and left for the Superstition Ranch market.  At the market Marg got a bunch of stuff, including a bag of freshly picked oranges and a bag of potatoes, for about $16.  Great produce at reasonable prices and the place is always busy.
  From there we came home and put our feet up for a bit.  Then a bite to eat for me.  A cucumber sandwich using one from the purchases at the Ranch market.  Marg put a pork roast in the slow cooker and hung the laundry to dry and I went to play pool with a couple of guys.  Played well again today, using the cue with the repaired tip.  Marg went to Walmart for groceries that she couldn't get at the market.
  When I finished pool, Gary was stringing Christmas lights on the clubhouse, so I offered a hand.  Surprising but he accepted.  We put up some but they had a lot of burnt out bulbs, so we had to sort through other strings for good ones.  The light sets all have a fuse in the plug, so there were issues with these as well.  I think we replaced about 30 or more bulbs and 4 or 5 fuses in the light set plugs, so lots of messing about.
  Supper tonight was pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw.  Marg had picked up some real nice bread that looked a lot like ciabatta to me.  They were nice a fresh, so a great meal.  We had to get organized early as it was the Christmas party in the clubhouse tonight.  It was my job to take pictures  at the event and I will get them posted tomorrow.  There was an ugly sweater contest and although ours were ugly, we did not win.  There were lots of fun games: shake your jingle bells, build a snowman, snowball fight that got people out of their seats and gave us a lot of laughs.  At the end there was coffee, hot spiced cider, cookies, meat and cheese, oranges enough for everyone.  There were somewhere around a hundred came, so it took lots of organizing.  After the snacks there was a dance, although we never stayed for the dance.

3 comments: