Friday 6 December 2019

Friday, December 6th

Another nice day in AJ.  Some of the locals are saying it is cool out and asking why we are still in short pants.  Then oh yes, you are Canadians, well it is like a pleasant summer day..
  We had a bit of breakfast and then went out.  I dropped Marg off at Dillard's in Superstition Mall.  It's an upscale department store that Marg likes to bargain hunt in.  For my part I went to the Mexican barber shop, not sure what it is called. As it turned out I got the gal who gave me my last haircut in the spring, so I knew what to expect.  I had to wait a bit as it was busy this morning even though there were 3 of them cutting hair.  I ended up with a good result and when I picked Marg up she had a bag with 3 or 4 things in it, so a good outing for both of us.
  By then it was lunch time and being quite a ways from home we went to Souper Sandwich for lunch.  Marg had a coupon, so the price was great and the food there is very good.  The salad bar must be over 30 feet long and is stocked with a wonderful variety of ingredients for a salad.  After that there is an equally long soup bar that includes a taco station and then a desert table with fruits, puddings and things like that and another with ice cream.  The place is very large and very popular especially at lunch.  Oh how much is is well we paid $7.99 each.
  On our way back we stopped at Safeway for bananas and milk.  The bananas were 29 cents a pound and the milk with our loyalty card was $2/08 for a gallon [4 litres], so my purchase was $3.03 in total.
  Back at home Marg did laundry and it was a perfect day to put it out on the drying rack with sun and a bit of a breeze.  Being as I had no pressing engagements I went to play pool.  I took my old cue today as the tip on my other one has got so hard that it is causing a lot of miscues.  I am trying some things to see if it can be fixed, otherwise I will have to replace it.  I played with two other guys, one of whom is very good and the other an average player.  You may recall that with 3 it is always two versus whoever has the break.  I played about as well as I ever have, so i guess the pool gods smiled on me today.
  A group were going out for fish tonight and asked if we were interested.  There are a lot of places around here that feature fish on Fridays, so obviously better than others.  They were going to a place we had not eaten at called Red Mountain Cafe, so we decided to try it.  We rode with another couple here in the park that we have known for years.  There were seven of us and the place looked very quaint from the store front.  I was surprised at how large it was when we entered.  Fortunately we were early enough to be seated as soon as we entered.  The food was very good and the cod was all-you-can eat.  Marg said she thought it was the best fish she has eaten here and there was more for the asking.  A fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. At least the small measure gallons were balanced out by unlimited Cod, sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Moms getting something retail therapy. Good Dogans having. fish on a Friday x

    ReplyDelete