Friday 27 December 2019

Friday, December 27th

Rain, rain go away.  We know they need rain in the valley as they have been suffering through a multiple year drought, but it doesn't make for a fun day.  Although not hard, it rained most of the night and sprinkled throughout the day.  I think the high temperature today was about 55 F, so a coat and long jeans day.
  We did laundry this morning, yes I meant WE.  It was not all that exciting, but the basket was getting full so had to be done.  With the rain, air drying was not an option so we just loaded up the basket and went to Lost Dutchman laundromat.  It's close to here on Delaware and the place is clean with good equipment.  They also have large capacity machines that are really handy when you have a lot to do.  The only downside is the machines take only quarters, so I bought $10 worth from the dispenser. When I was plugging the dryer, something happened and it didn't show the right time, so I just kept putting more in. After 4 I went to get the attendant and he showed me what I did wrong, but by then it was a little over a half hour on it.  Fortunately it didn't take all of them, so I came home with a pocket full.  A young guy next to us was taking his sheet out of the dryer and trying to fold it.  Marg has a way of doing fitted bottom sheets and offered to help him, which he accepted and learned a new way of doing it.  I made a comment about her training me to do that as well, but it's a 2 person job. 
  Then back to our place to unload and for lunch. 
  After lunch we went out for a little retail therapy, but ended up returning without making any purchases.  Oh well, it was interesting, NOT.  Shortly after we got back, two of Lynett's daughters came to visit.  They had a beer and we had a few laughs.  The girls really are good with their mother, especially right now when she is not her usual self.
  A nice supper and that was our day.  With any luck it won't rain tomorrow.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of rain for this time of year... we had a quiet day too getting caught up on laundry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to dodge laundry and took a little two-wheeled therapy

    ReplyDelete