Thursday 26 December 2019

Boxing Day 2019

  Well here comes another winter storm to the valley.  I mostly report good weather, but not today.  It was cool this morning as it rained in the night and only started warming up about mid-morning.  The day was actually very nice in the early afternoon, but about supper time the clouds were rolling in and you could feel it getting cooler.  The weather forecast was of a big storm front moving in from the coast with winter travel advisory in the high country and high water / flood warnings in some areas west of Phoenix.  We will see, but it's raining hard now at 9 PM.
  We went to coffee this morning and the attendance was light.  The really good news was our table was first, so selection was great.  After coffee Marg went with 6 other ladies to the Fort.  The gamblin' gals on a road trip.  It was a 4x bonus day, so on some games they each were playing 180 cards on the electronic machines.  They played a bit of slots early and then the bingo.  At the end of the day, there were no winners.  Somewhat incredible, but it happens, lady luck abandoned them today.
  I did some maintenance stuff around the house this morning.until it warmed up.  Then I went out to sell some New Years eve tickets for Marg.  Sales have been slow and the event will be cancelled if there isn't enough interest.  It might just be a case of people waiting until the last minute, but it needs to happen before the end of the weekend.
  After lunch I played pool with a couple of guys and it was a fun time.  It was also pretty aggressive at times, but I think the worst hook I had was one I played on myself.  LOL  After I gave a guy a bit of a hand.  He was putting up some screen around a patio around his park model. 
  I caught up with Marg at the gate when the van full of them pulled up.  We came back to our place for a bit as I needed to get a joke to tell at the animal races tonight.  It started to rain by the time I finished and our time was short, so we went to Denny's for supper.  The food was good, but the service left a bit to be desired.  I don't think it was because it's Boxing day as that is not a big deal here.
  We went to the animal races and had a fun night.  Mickey is back and has his grandson and wife with him, so we sat with them.  The elephant won 5 races so I ended the night with 6 wins, Marg with 5 wins, so we were a bit ahead.  Had lots of fun razzing a couple of people when the elephant wins, kind of nice as they have been giving me the gears the last few weeks.

1 comment: