Wednesday 13 February 2019

Wednesday, Feb 13th

The weather started off pleasant but cloudy, something predictable when there is a forecast for rain, like it is for tomorrow.  The northwest U.S. are having a storm off the Pacific and we are expected to be in the fringes of it. These usually miss Az, or at worst give us some rain in the valley; snow in the high country.  There is snow in Las Vegas today and there are some flash flood watch  warnings in parts of Az, including here. There is only 15 mm forecast rain, but it ponds and builds in the dry washes and stream beds.  We'll see.
  I went golfing this morning to Apache Sun.  It was the first time in a while that I went by myself.  Blake wasn't interested in playing, he and Julia wanted a day to themselves and Lanny kept Easton for the day.  Gerry had company coming today and had to pick then up a the airport.  It seems many flights are delayed due to weather lately.  I ended up paired with some fun folks and we had a good time on the course.  My driver was working well and I made a few putts, so my score was respectable.
   Marg had been doing laundry when I returned.  A combination of a day at home and the forecast for the next couple days, she wanted to take advantage of the nice weather.  By mid-day it was really nice today.  The sun managed to do it's job and we were somewhere around 20C.  I decided to clean some of the debris from the rain gutters on the carport and on the side of the trailer.  If the rain gets heavy they tend to plug up and run over.  Then I borrowed a ladder to get on the roof apply the coating I had previously picked up.  We are getting some dripping in  a couple of places where the carport is attached to the trailer and not a big problem but wanted to see if I could stop it.  I also wanted to seal the seams in the roof as its been a couple of years since it was last done.  The stuff is supposed to dry in an hour, but the combination of wind and heat had it dry to touch in half that time.  Tough on the old guy, between climbing the ladder and doing in on my knees.
  Marg made lunch when I finished and it included the brownies she made on Monday.  They were a surprise for when I returned from golf and she was gone to bingo.  You know the day I had cheese sandwich for supper.  ;>((
  We never went to happy today.  Smitty stopped by and we enjoyed a dram or two and shot the breeze.  Amazing the stuff you learn about people you think you know.  In his past he had role in preparing rocket launches at did some of the work at Cape Canaveral.
  Supper was a nice dish Marg made in the slow cooker.  It was pork with veg and potatoes, very tasty.  It was funny, when I was on the roof, I could smell it through the range hood vent up there, so knew she had already made meal plans.
  Went to poker tonight.  I had a great night last week, but may have given it all back this week.  I played for 2 hours and never won a hand.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I had folded, every hand, but I played a few that were second best.  Oh well into every life a little rain must fall.  Hey wait it is sprinkling outside, much better than the downpour at poker.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day... be careful when your on that roof x

    ReplyDelete