Friday 22 February 2019

Friday, Feb 23rd

Rained off and on, in fact really poured for a while.  We have had 2 1/2 inches of rain since yesterday and it is pretty much wet here.  The duct work under our trailer has water in it, so I spent much of the day with the wet vac pumping it out.  The duct is about a 12 inch flex line almost like a dryer pipe and it lays on the ground.  The water ponds under the trailer and the duct lies on the dirt, so it is creating a problem for us.  The heater and everything works fine, except the humidity is an issue.
  Marg went out with Patti for a while to get the snacks for the talent show tonight.  They usually get large bags of chips, pretzels, etc and portion it out.  Today they are trying something different and bought individually packaged snacks.  That will keep people from pawing at the them and if any are left over they can be used at the next event.  We'll see how it works out.
  I had a visitor, the current treasurer for the association.  He has set up a meeting with the incoming treasurer for next Thursday morning and wanted to know what I would like him to bring to it so the 3 of us can go over the finances and reports. They refer to it as an audit, but it really isn't anything that elaborate.  I keep telling these guys I can do any financial work because of the CPA designation and the affidavit I file every year saying I am retired and not doing any financial work.  This includes for pay or for other considerations.  If I am found to be in violation, I will have to start paying the annual CPA dues, which were $1,100 per year last time I looked.  I also file a declaration that I do not work in the U.S. and violating that can cause me to be prevented from coming here.  This makes me an easy target if someone took issue with me doing this or just wanted to cause me a problem coming here.
  Lunch was the tomato basil soup and Marg made some bread sticks with cheese stuffed in the middle to go along with it.  They were both very nice, I always enjoy tomato soup.
  We had to go down to the hall to set it up at 1:00 for tonight's talent show.  There was lots of help, so I wasn't really needed.  They wanted it set up to simulate a pub as well as putting up a curtain for the acts to get set up in private.  While we were there, Marg got 3 pounds of hamburger [ground chuck actually] for use in her chili dish.  When we returned home, that was Marg's project, to fry up the meat [she had some ground pork as well] for the chili to make her workload more manageable. tomorrow, so she was dicing some onions and garlic cloves to add in it.
  We had supper in and then went down to the clubhouse to get the last minute stuff lined up for the talent show.  The show was a hit.  There was to be a sign-up and 76 people were on the list.  When the smoke cleared, there were about 20 or 25 more than signed up, so seating was a bit of a problem as we had only put out 85 chairs and the tables were configured for that many.  The show was hilarious and there was a dance after, but only about half of the crowd stayed for that part.  Fun night, but we are going to sleep well tonight.  I had over a hundred photos, that are on the tenants association fb site, so it will be busy tomorrow.  I think there may be someone trying to put some stuff out on me that may include dancing the twist tonight.  Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a huge success... glad it went well... how did the snack trick work? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snacks were a big hit. Very little mess to clean up from loose snacks. Looks like a winner.

      Delete