Wednesday 7 November 2018

Wednesday, Nov 7, 2018

Another gorgeous day.  The temps were in the low 80's and while this is great we are both experiencing a bit of difficulty adjusting to the heat.  By mid afternoon we are both experiencing some fatigue.  Not sure what to do about it, perhaps we should buy a hammock.  Yesterday was election day, but the close races won't be finalized for a few days yet.
  I went for a bike ride with two other Canucks this morning.  I went for what I thought was a long ride, especially for my second time out.  I think I made about 7 or 8 miles before turning back, the guys went on.  When I got back to our place, Kenny & Doris were there.  Marg had invited them for breakfast as they still had not been out for groceries.  It was a bonus for me as I had worked up a good appetite on my ride.  It was bacon, eggs, fried potatoes and toast.  A great way to start the day.  While they were here I gave Kenny a choice of a couple of things Nancy had given me and he appreciated having something from her & Larry.  Bill & Patti had sent a few things for them that I passed on, which they were also happy to receive.
  After they left we both did a few things around here & Marg had a visitor.  Nothing too strenuous.  Did I mention that it was hot, not a cloud in the sky.  Well in the day anyway, at night it falls into the 50's, so about 9C, brrr.  I spent some time on the phone arranging golf cart batteries and he is coming here on Monday.  Another good reason for gas powered carts, which are pretty rare around here.
  A quick bite for lunch.  Marg had made a fruit salad a couple days back, we finished it along with some cinnamon toast as were not very hungry.  Then Marg did some laundry.  She tries to keep up by doing small loads.  I went out to play some pool.  I ended up playing a guy who is really quite good and as luck would have it I won more than I lost.  Joe and I are the same age, but he has more grandchildren than me.  He also has a lot darker complexion than me.  We had good games and I was really playing above my usual level today.
  Marg was going to go out, but stayed home all day waiting for the other UPS delivery.  I went down to 4 Sons and got a paper and some lottery tickets.  Can't with the powerball without a ticket.  That is my next plan, it's only 80 million, but that would be enough for us.   The paper was to see what was on sale for groceries.  Crown Royal is $13 this week and some vodka for $6.25. 
  We didn't plan on happy hour today, but got a call from Kenny.  There wasn't one planned for today, but they were sitting with Beth & Jim and he wanted to return the favour of a cold beer from yesterday.  LOL
  For supper we went to Taco Bell.  Marg had the $5 special.  It was a chalupa, among several other things [drink, etc.].  Not only was it good value, but very tasty.  I had a burrito supreme package that was also very good.  All this for $13, hard to believe.
  When we got back I went to play poker.  Marg looked through the banking transactions.  She goes over them to make sure we aren't having problems with unauthorized charges.  It hasn't happened to us since last year, but other people we know have experienced problems with charges that weren't correct.  I made out OK at poker, won a lot of hands at the start, but gave it back throughout the last half of the game.  We had 5 players tonight that included one of the gamblin gals.  We had lots of laughs, it was a good group.
  A pretty good day in the valley.
 

2 comments:

  1. It was probably hard leaving the cold for such warm temps. Will take some adjusting, so take it easy.... we were all jealous of your Taco Bell Tea! Give our regards to Kenny & Doris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the weather. -22 here this morning. Good luck on the Powerball!

    ReplyDelete