Tuesday 20 November 2018

Tuesday, Nov 20th

A bit windy today, but that too got better as the sun warmed things up.  I think the temp got up to about 76F [24C], so a pleasant day.
  The guys stopped by early on, so I went for a bike ride with them.  There were 4 of us, but that may change as I think a guy across the road may join us.  We went up to Idaho and that is uphill with the wind in our face all the way.  Two of us cut off after about 4 miles and the other two went down to Signal Butte, so about 10 miles.
  After I got back we went out to Sears at Superstition centre where they are closing the store.  It was pretty much like the one in GP, stuff was mostly 15 or 20 percent off.  The stock is getting pretty picked over but there were a few things I was interested in, however the prices are not where they need to be to convince me to buy anything,  On the way back we stopped in at Lowes and they had Craftsman tools at better prices than Sears with the discount.  We were looking for a bbq cover, our old one is torn and we used it to cover the AC / heat unit out back last summer and I think we have one that will work.
  Lunch back at the park and then Marg went out for a few things while I went and played pool.  I played with two other guys [on the A list] and about as well as I am capable of playing.  When 3 play it's always 2 vs 1 and I managed to get a couple of wins, but I think I lost more than won. It was fun anyway.  Shortly after I got back Marg pulled up and we unloaded her purchases.  She stopped at Walgreen for some of their advance Black Friday deals and then on to Walmart.
  By then it was happy hour at Blanke's.  There was a new couple in the park, they had been here in prior years, but missed last year because of some medical issues.  They live in Branson, Missouri and he usually plays poker with us. They were amazing, remembering almost everyone's name.  Me on the other hand I remembered his name when someone used it in conversation.  LOL
  Supper was a nice chicken breast Marg had put in the slow cooker.  It was in a pasta sauce and it turned out very nice.  She made a joke about the need to get away from happy in a timely way so it wouldn't be blackened, but no fear, it was perfect. 
  Just got cleaned up and it was on to bingo where we had 3 winners at our table.  Marg was one of the winners tonight, so that was a nice bonus. 

1 comment: