Saturday 24 November 2018

Saturday, Nov 24th

Another nice day in the Valley, by now you know the story on this.  The amazing thing about the weather here is that it really doesn't change all that much from day to day, changes here seem to take a much longer time.
  I got up and out early today and went to the breakfast in the hall.  It was a new crew, nice to see these people getting more involved in park activities.  There was a pretty good crowd for them which is also nice to see the support.  I sat with a group of guys, this might seem repetitive, but it's not always the same group of guys.  It seems there are quite a few ladies who either don't do breakfast like their men-folk.  Anyway it was very good, a pleasant surprise to me this morning was the sausages were very good.  They either changed suppliers or this group have a better process, not certain which.  While I was gone, Marg did a load of laundry.  There always seems to be something in the hamper and she deals with it in small loads.
  When I got back we went out for a bit.  There is to a golf cart parade planned for before we go home for Christmas, so Marg wanted to get some decorations for ours.  We went to Dollar General and Hobby Lobby, both of which have an incredible array to pick from.  Lots of people at both doing exactly that, so it took a while.  I was almost out of fuel, so stopped at Circle K up on Superstition.  Even these stores don't all offer the same fuel prices and this one is 5 cents less than the one on Ironwood, about 8 blocks apart.  To pay at the pump here I need a ZIP code.  Not having one I learned a work around using the numbers in my postal code from home.  Unfortunately it didn't work this morning, so that meant a trip in to pre-pay at the cashier.  A pain in the butt.  Then I stopped to spray off the truck.  It really doesn't get dirty here, rather dust that really sticks to the surface.  All I had to do was rinse it off and then spray on the spot remover.  The water is so hard here it makes water marks if left to its own.  The best solution is to wipe everything down to dry it with micro fiber cloths when I get back, so quite a process for a dusty vehicle.
  After returning we did some housework, yes that is WE.  I vacuumed the place and it took quite a while.  I discovered that I had left the window insulation under the bed and behind the sofa, so I had to pack it all out of the trailer so these areas could be cleaned.  Storage is always a problem here, so we try to be minimalists, but we are not good at it yet.  I can't toss this stuff as it helps keep the place cooler in the summer heat and that is important.  Then Marg did her part washing the floors with her swifter. 
  After  lunch I went and played pool for a while.  There were no players, but I took a 2nd cue and got a fellow from Ontario to play.  He is new here and only has a site until the end of December as the park is fully booked.  He is trying to get a spot for next year as they have enjoyed the park.  He's a good player and after he won the first two games, I was sorry I brought him a good cue to use.  LOL  I did manage to win as many as I lost, so they were good games.  He is just getting accustomed to the version of 8 ball they play in Arizona, but has picked it up quickly.
  There were a few visitors today, most seem to be Marg's friends to discuss plans for Monday, they have a ladies lunch planned with about 30 going.  Happy hour was about 20 people today, so a decent sized gathering.  Apparently we have plans for supper tomorrow with two other couples, one of whom is celebrating their 56th anniversary.  It is always at 4 o'clock and by 5 today the sun was low and the weather cooling right down.  The sun really loses heat quickly, so there were no people sitting beyond the hour.  We headed home for a nice dish Marg made with shrimp and pasta. 

2 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see how the golf cart parade goes... make sure to add pics please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. For that wipe down of the truck I use a detailing spray that you mist on first and it leaves a great finish picking up the water marks. I use a pound shop (dollar shop) version although others are available.

    ReplyDelete