Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wednesday, April 4th

The day started off like all the other gorgeous days in the Valley and the sun continued to warm us until we reached 90.
  Gerry came to the park and we went down to Apache Sun to play golf with the group from here.  There were 9 of us, none from the other park today, so we went off in 3 groups of 3.  The course was busy and they seem to be booking a lot of wind up golf groups.  The game went pretty well today and we had a good time.  The other group that was ahead of us seemed to be having their share of challenges and played our fairway as much as their own.  They also played slow and from what I saw many didn't seem to play regularly.  I had 3 pars today and there were only 2 turtles at #5.  Still Gerry and Andy went in to the water, so not sure how that happened.
  Marg went to water aerobics this morning and they had 5 ladies again today.  They must have had a good workout as she was tired by the time she got back here.  Apparently they are talking about a format change for next year, something about creative dance in the pool.  They have also asked me to make a wood sign with my router, something to the effect the pool is closed for their group so they don't get a bunch of lecherous old men hanging around.  I guess it happens and no I am not one of them.  LOL
  We had lunch and then went out to do some errands.  The first was a stop at the Mexican barber shop where I have been going this winter where I managed to get my hair cut. I like the way the owner cuts it, but this time his nephew was my barber.  I think he did a fine job, Marg thinks its OK, but you really seldom get ratings higher than that.
  On the way back I stopped for fuel at Costco.  It was lined up there again today.  Their price is very good, but I would not think that good.  Lots of people leaving for home at this time of year, some of whom were likely in the lines.  Fuel prices always increase at this time of year, kind of a try to get the last buck from the snowbirds.  They generally go back down after the rush passes.
  Then it as on to Ace Hardware where I got a complete set of keys cut for our trailer, Arizona Room and shed padlock.  The park manager has keys for pretty much every unit here, but when I asked about ours, it appears there were none.  This came to our attention last night when they were at our pizza party for the Blanke's.  They don't go to a lot of parties or functions with the tenants, but ours seem to be the exception.  Anyway I wanted to get a set for them for emergency use. 
  After we stopped at the post office where I got the form to forward mail.  When we leave we will put it in our mail box so they will stop filling it with all the junk mail and send us any addressed mail.  There is no charge for the service and in the past it has helped us.
  Happy hour was on the patio at the club house tonight.  Again it was not a large group, something like  15 - 20, but a nice change to exchange pleasantries.  We went out to Ihop for supper.  Marg was happy with her choice. For my part I deviated from my usual [the 2x2x2, no really just look it up] and ordered a new addition to their menu - corned beef hash.  Well you cannot even begin to imagine my level of disappointment.  I have high corned beef expectations, as Marg does amazing stuff with it. I will just leave it as - I will not make this mistake again.  I was shattered, I always have a good experience at Ihop - you know the:  International House of Old People.  There is your chuckle for the day.

1 comment: