Tuesday 13 March 2018

Tuesday, Mar 13th

The day started out a bit cloudy, but it warmed quickly.  By noon it was as warm as a nice summer day back at home.  I think the temperature maxed out at about 83 F or 28 C today.
  Marg had the laundry hung to dry last night, so it was ready for steaming this morning.  After she got that done she went to water aerobics.  Attendance was pretty good with the nice weather and the pool was gorgeous.  Me, well I had made a commitment yesterday to be at the pool room for 1 o'clock so the 2 players from out of the park would have a resident to play with so they could play.  Unfortunately the group lunch we had scheduled for 11 this morning was changed to after 1 this afternoon.  We got notice of the change around 9 last night, so was not able to let anyone know of my scheduling problem last night.  So this morning I was on my bike visiting around the park to find someone to fill my obligation at the pool room.  Fortunately I was successful and it all worked out.
  By the time Marg returned from the swimming pool she just had time to get changed and ready to head out for our group lunch.  It was about 15 or 20 miles, so we did a bit of car pooling.  Two guys with vans took 2 or 3 extra couples.  Marg & I along with Kenny & Doris rode with Jerry.  It was organized by some folks who are leaving this week, so there were 18 of us who went to Crackerbarrel.  They gave us most of the middle section of the restaurant so we could sit as a group.  This was the reason we had the last minute change in our time, the restaurant requested we come at 1PM so they could accommodate us in this manner.  The food was good as always.  Marg had chicken fried chicken and I had a breakfast option, the blueberry pancakes with bacon & 2 eggs.  When my order came, I knew I had ordered too much.  The 3 pancakes were huge and loaded with blueberries.  The bonus was a small jar of blueberry syrup from Maine with lots of berries in it.  I was only able to eat 2 pancakes and one egg.  Fortunately Darrel was there and he ate the 3rd pancake as well as half of Rita's salad and half of Marg's salad in addition to his own meal.  That boy has a big appetite.
  When we got back it was getting on in the afternoon, but we had a guest.  Wink stopped by with the golf cart he wants to sell.  It's a 6 yr old Yamaha, very nice and in like new condition. He had asked another guy to put it on Craigs List, but it never happened so I had volunteered to do it.  We took some pictures and Marg with her Ipad put it on a Buy & Sell page here and I put it on Craigs List.  When I put it on they phone the install code, probably to authenticate the transaction.  Anyway I called Mayva to get the code from her and she thought it was a crank call and hung up on it.  So I had to figure out how to re-submit.  Anyway we got it done and they already had 2 inquiries within an hour.
  About 4 o'clock we  had a visitor and then a second one.  Before we knew it we were hosting happy hour today.  We ended up with about a dozen or more here.  It was a good location as it was hot by then and there was a bit of a breeze through our place and it was in the shade.  We had a discussion about how hot it was, so I know it was in the low 80's. 
  We were still full from lunch, so just had a bit of crackers, cheese and salami as a snack.  Then we went to bingo.  Sadly there were no winnings to report today, but Kenny won twice & Doris once.  After bingo we went out to the Village Inn for pie and coffee with Kenny & Doris.  A busy day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very busy day.... katie would be well jealous water aerobics and cracker barrell in the same day x

    ReplyDelete