Monday 12 March 2018

Monday, Mar 12th

The day started out nice and it was a beautiful day.  This is the Arizona we signed on for.
  Marg went with the Gamblin' gals to the Fort, I think there were four of them this morning.  I guess they never had any winners in the group, but Marg's winning number was on the monitor as the next to be called for $600 when someone called bingo..  I guess there were quite a few buses bringing people in to play, so lots of players.  She said Monday is not proving to be a good day for their group and she will not be going on any more of them, so hoping they agree to a new day. 
  I paid some bills today.  Our pest control guy sprayed last week, so I called to pay for the annual treatment deal.  For $100 they spray 3 times a year, something we have been doing since we bought the place and since that time we have not had any pest problems.  When we bought the place we had a problem with ants on the back patio as well as a few cockroaches back there. 
We also had lots of spider webs under the trailer that we no longer have, so it seems to be a good investment.  Then I called the newspaper to cancel our subscription.  We get the paper daily on a deal when we get here.  There are people everywhere soliciting subscriptions, so when we bought ours it was $20 for 2 months and we received a promotional coupon book.
 I tried to fill the steering box, but it was packed with grease so didn't get much in it.  Put the silicone on the filler plug and sealed it back up.  Then went on to the rear diff.  It was complicated to get at as I had to take a few things off first and then the access panel was bolted making it necessary to hold a wrench on the nut below while turning the bolt above.  I had lots of people stop to ask what I was doing.  It was a very tight work space back there, but I was able to jam a piece of the tubing on the spout of the oil bottle and get oil flowing into the diff.  The manual said it takes 2 quarts and I put almost all of the quart I had into it, so it needed the oil.  Then I drove it a bit to see if it was leaking.  Everything seems fine.
  I went to the pool room to play for a couple of hours.  I played with some very good players for the first while and then when they left played with a few others one of whom is a new guy in the park.  As it turned out he is very good so had some difficult games.
  By then it was time to go wait for the gamblers at the park gate.  As usual Marg drove Lynett home while I rode on the back and then I got to sit after she dropped her off.  Supper was eat in tonight, spaghetti and meat sauce.  After supper we sat out in the breezeway for a bit and had lots of visitors off and on.  I had my fancy rope light on, I think it was attracting them.  Marg did a load of laundry while we sat out there and chatted.  The machine is so quiet you hardly know it's working.

1 comment:

  1. Shame the gambling girls didn’t cash in some winnings today x

    ReplyDelete