Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunday, Mar 4th

Happy birthday to our 19 year old granddaughters, Paige & Haylee.  Thanks for the facetime today it was sure nice speaking with you.  I hope your birthday cards get there soon.
  Got up in time, but did not feel up to going to the church service.  We are mostly trying to limit our group function time until we are totally over these lousy colds.  We are going on 3 weeks now.  As a result not much to report on today.  After I charged the batteries up, Marg took the golf cart for a ride to throw out the trash and recycle stuff.  The batteries were really run down, probably the lowest I have seen them so it took more than an hour to charge it up.  Then she did a load of laundry and hung it up on the patio.
  We sat around the house today and tried to get some rest.  It was a very nice day in the sun, so I sat out back on the patio for a few hours, amid the laundry.   Marg also made a potato salad, one of my favourite things about summer.  Well technically it is winter here, but with a daytime high of 25C, it seems like summer.  
  Oh yes, Stan came by and then Mickey regarding the golf yesterday.  It seems I won 5 holes, so had 5 skins, not 4 as earlier thought.  Stan came by to give me the $3 difference from Mickey but he wasn't certain of the reason. He also informed me he would not be accompanying us for golf on Monday.  Tried to get another player without success, so we will be 3.  Then the lady across the road had sent Marg a couple of pictures of her grandson and asked it I would post them.  Then I put the activity calendar for March on the site.  I tried doing it with the electronic file, without success, so now I just scan it.
  Supper tonight was bbq, a nice New York steak.  The only negative is they don't butcher like I am familiar with from home.  The steak had a nasty piece of gristle running through it, something you would not see in a meat cut of that caliber at Blackmans.  Anyway it was good especially with the potato salad accompanied by tomatoes and guacamole.
  That was pretty much it for the day. 
 

1 comment: