Saturday 3 March 2018

Saturday, Mar 3rd

Finally a day to brag about, the weather was more like what we expect here.  Not certain how warm, but I saw 25C registered on the truck.  Shorts and no coat day.
  We had a bowl of oatmeal this morning and then invigorated by it we went to a few park sales.  At the first one we came across a guy selling a lot of tools that were very good quality.  I looked it all over and chatted him a bit about what great stuff he had.  Then I picked out a few things that came to $14, so I asked it $12 would be OK which he accepted.  Then as he was putting them in a bag, he said you should have this and could use that and when he finished pretty much doubled what I had bought, then asked if there was anything else I needed, a neat guy.  We stopped in the clubhouse and Marg got a few things, I got 3 pocket books and they said everything was half off, so I tall came to a dollar.  Very good deal.  After we went to a couple more sales, but nothing, so we headed home.
  Got close to home and decided to stop at Hackers for lunch.  Marg had a burger and chips. The chips here are not the kind you find in bags in stores, they thin slice potatoes and deep fry the discs, they are to die for.  I had a half Rueben and cole slaw, we were both well pleased with our choice.  Marg had Raspberry ice tea with her burger, so they gave her a take away one when we left.  I didn't want any more soda to go, so I declined, but it is no extra charge.  Just another unique feature of the place.  It was crowded at lunch, but with just the two of us we got in fairly quickly.
  When we got back I decided to play pool, so we started out on the cart as Marg came along to get the mail.  We got about half way there and had so many visitors that I got out and walked to the pool room, my wife the social butterfly.  There was only one other guy and we had some good games, but had to quit early as we had both volunteered to help at the hall  Well he volunteered and my wife volunteered me.  It was to decorate the hall.
  There was a pretty good sized group to help and we made short work of it.  We set up a western type bar that was used as a photo prop.  We hung cowboy boots from the ceiling, wanted posters on the wall, cowboy hats, you name it.
  After we went to Denny's with Kenny & Doris for supper.  It was funny both Marg & I ordered a version of a club sandwich, her's with a salad, mine with a bowl of fresh fruit.  It was quick and good and having had a large lunch we were not that hungry, so even doing our best could not finish it.
  Shortly after we got back and it was time to go to the hall for the dance.  It was a fun event and the turnout was pretty good.  Even though we could not dance due to Marg's hip, we enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Hope this means Moms cold is improving ... sounds like a successful day. Shame about no dancing... I know how the pair of you love to dance xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, we are just trying to have a life between coughs.

      Delete