Wednesday 28 December 2016

Wednesday, Dec 28th

The day started out very cool.  When I left for golf I had on a sweatshirt and a vest and was non too warm.  Our group was small this morning, only 7 of us.  I took a power cart today again as walking is a bit of a problem right now.  Probably just the weather here causing problems that I'm sure will pass once it starts to warm up at night.
  The game went OK, although the score could have been better.  I blame that on the extra clothes restricting my otherwise perfect swing - Not!  The guys I played with were good sports and like to have a few laughs, so it was a good round.  The grass was newly mowed and very wet, so we returned with grass clippings all over everything.  I did manage a par and a couple of good drives, so that will keep me returning.  It was too chilly for the tortoise, so he stayed in his house and we never saw it.  There weren't even any turtles in the water hazard visible, so it was a zero turtle day.  True to form, no one went in the water because there were no turtles there to watch.  LOL
  Back at home Marg had been making our supper and getting it going in the crock pot.  it was lunch time when I got there, so my charming wife looked after that.  After lunch she went out to look around at Kohl's and Ross's, not the store from the prior day but a closer one.  She managed to pick up a few things and had a nice long break, probably from me, LOL.  I went and played pool, actually played fairly well, for me anyway, although Mike really struggled today.  I think he was getting a bit frustrated and that didn't help his game.  After I got back home, Marg showed up with her new acquisitions.  She's getting pretty darn good a backing the truck into the driveway and using the backup cam so as not run over the chairs out there.
  Saw a few new people in the park today, well not brand new, just returning from last year.  This should be a regular thing now that people are done with Christmas.  This will mean things or events will start to fill up or get busy and some events like Ice Cream Socials will start for the season.
  When she made our supper she had a lot more than we can eat.  It was so she could take a hot supper over to Richard & Brenda.  She also made up a plate of Christmas baking and some snacks and we took them over for their supper tonight.  Richard is a long way from being back to normal and Brenda has not been herself.  Marg has taken it on herself to feed them every so often and generally help them out.  Richard has always been a great help to us and in fact anyone who needed it in the past, so it's a bit of payback.  They were delighted when she showed up at the door and seemed very appreciative.  It was on our way to happy hour and just next door to where we go, so we stopped in at happy for a very short time.  I think it was lest than a half hour.
  Supper was all prepared, so it was back home for that.  It was very good, made me think twice about giving it away earlier in the day.  Well not really, but it was darn good.  A little later, one of Marg's buddies stopped by to chat with her. I imagine that was followed by dishes, not sure as I went to play poker.  Here again it was a small crew, only 4 of us.  The game went well, we had a good time and I think I might have made a dime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment