Thursday 15 December 2016

Tuesday / Wednesday

Not sure what happened to the post for Tuesday and at my age it's getting hard to remember that far back.  LOL  Well as I recall, Larry & I went riding and made a short track, but still got in our 3 miles.  When I got back Marg was in water aerobics and they had a good turnout, I think she said about 14 of them.  It seems to be getting very popular, or perhaps it is the weather that has been so nice that draws people to the pool.  For those concerned about my status at the pool, the regular pool boy has returned, so that is not just part of my history, but may prove useful on my resume or CV.  I stopped to help Kenny with the trim on the car and to insert the milk caps in the hub cap slots.  It is getting very close to being complete and is looking good.
  After lunch we went out for a few things, well Macy's was supposed to be having this big sale event.  Marg checked it out while I read my pocket book in the parking lot.  She didn't have much luck there, so went over to Dillard's without much luck there either.  She did find out that they have a store at the Fiesta mall where they send all their year end and clearance stuff, so I think we may have that in our future.  She is looking for a bathing suit, well apparently this is off season for them here as well as it is up north.  Now go figure that, I didn't think there was an off season for things like that here with the nice winters.  Well they are only nice to us folks from the north, down here they think it is positively cold.  I guess it's just what a person gets accustomed to.
  Time for a short happy hour with only a few of us, but we wanted to keep Larry company as Nancy left for home today and won't be back until Sunday.  After supper it was time for bingo, so we headed down to the rec hall.  It was a small crowd, a new caller; so we are thinking:  this might just be what will change our luck and we'll come away winners.  Hah!  So much for that theory.
  I thought I had written a blog entry at that point, but alas something went wrong.
  Yesterday I was dead tired, so almost falling asleep I opted to make a blog entry today.  It was busy day.  I started out with 9 holes of golf at Apache Sun.  We had a small group, there were only 6 of us, but the group opted to played for the putt & chip competition anyway.  I played with Mickey & Joe and started out with a rotten snowman [8] on the first hole, where last week I had a par; 5.  Fortunately I settled down and had a good game, for me it was anyway and I carded a 43.  That's about as good as it gets for this guy.
  Marg again in water aerobics, because it may be the last one this week.  We are forecast to get cooler weather for the weekend and she is not here on Thursday.  While she was there the UPS truck came with the part for out stove.  The large burner just got red hot and no matter where you turned the dial, the temp never changed, made for some challenging cooking.  The manufacturer sent the switch from Tennessee and I decided to install it myself.  Well I started out poorly as a wire shorted and blew off the element receptacle, so then I turned off the breaker.  Then I phoned the manufacturer service line and the guy talked me through the electrical connection.  It is a 5 prong rheostat type switch behind the dial and the new one never looked anything like the old one.  In the end I got it all together and re-connected the wire and voila, it works fine.  Should have had Phil here, it's 220 and he is more familiar with that voltage.  LOL
  The afternoon was spent getting ready for the evening activities.  Well I played a few games of pool, but Marg was getting ready.  Like she got some candy to throw to the people on the sidelines, who were almost out numbered by the people in the parade.
Oh yes I almost missed Kenny's car project, well he mounted it on the roof of their golf cart and it was quite a hit.  From this picture you can't see the tail pipes, but the back end is really cool.  There will be more pics of it.

We had out golf cart parade in the evening and Millie had hers all decorated, but decided not to go, so convinced Marg to take hers so it wouldn't be wasted.  We had a good number of entries, I think 45 golf carts, a couple of bicycles, an electric scooter and a mobility scooter.  The parade went around the walking track and then the park, with some stops.  Our first stop was hot chocolate, then one for Christmas chocolate, then 2 for popcorn, one for fudge and finally one for mulled wine.  After the parade there were hot dogs provided in the rec hall.  I think Gary cooked about 120 and some of the people like Marg helped serve hot dogs, chips and condiments.
 
  After the hot dogs and things were cleared away we were treated to a performance by Cale Moon. He and his family just checked in to the park this week, Monday I think.  The were happy to be at the block party as their site is on Tequila lane and he offered to sing at this event.  He did it without charging, but they put his tip bucket out and I think he did very well with donations.  He is an up and coming entertainer and has a website if you want to see more about him.  It was a great performance, some people saying it was the best they have seen in the park.  Anyway it made for a late day, so not blog was posted.  Well Marg's day was not quite done as she made up the dish for the slow cooker and put it in the fridge so we will have supper tomorrow night.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment