Thursday 15 December 2016

Thursday, Dec 15th

Well I think I am back on track now, reporting on activities of the day, on the day.
  Marg got up and left early today for the Fort.  They were short one of the gals, but knowing how important the next cookie jar was, they forged on.  As it turns out, it was the right decision as Marg finally hit on a good one, taking in $300 after yelling out the magic words - bingo!  Well done on the win.  When she returned with the much sought after ceramic cookie jar, she gave it to the missing gal, who was away to attend her sisters funeral. 
  I went down for coffee & donuts this morning and there was a good turnout.  Doris was handing out donuts, which always works well for me if I get up early enough and being second table drawn was able to score one very nice apple fritter.  With the facebook site for the tenants association becoming very active, I gave an update on the numbers of views and activity on our posts.  Well they are actually mainly my posts, but the numbers have really climbed in the past week.  It was interesting to see the reaction and I believe a few people are starting to think about social media in a different way.
   By the time things wound up, I only had a half hour before we had to leave for lunch.  Lunch today was Organ Stop Pizza with a group from our park, I think there were about 3 dozen.  It's a good lunch and hear some music in a unique environment.  The organ is supposed to be one of the largest in the world and is pretty impressive, I believe he said the keyboard has something like 500 keys.  The organist played a medley of Christmas music with a huge variety of sounds.  He can even imitate bagpipes on it and has a large array of drums and trumpets and other horns. 
  When I got back, I put the slow cooker on that Marg had prepared for supper.  It was pork chops, potatoes, vegetables and I had pretty detailed instructions on when and how to set it up.  The pork chops were browned on the bbq last night and put in the sauce to keep them moist.  Having sat in the fridge, the pot was very cold and must have affected how long it took to cook, because when Marg returned, the vegetables and potatoes were still a bit crunchy, but in her way, she got it all ready to eat at just about the predicted time.  Predicted time was the time we told Larry & Lynette to join us for supper.  It was very good and they both gave her compliments, so all ended well.
  By the time we got cleaned up, it was time for animal races.  We were a bit late as the first race was already in progress.  Marg had a good night winning 4 races, while I won 3.  My nemesis, the elephant, a.k.a. Bimbo, lagged badly tonight and never won a race and of course I had to bet him as a card carrying member of the "Elephant Lovers of Apache Junction".  LOL  It's become a bit of a cause for me and creates lots of fun with all kinds of antics when it wins and lots of stuff from other folks when it does not [unfortunately the most common outcome]. Marg was able to add anther winning event to her day and me, well I pretty much broke even.
  An update on the stove, well it still works, as it should.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you're back in sync on the blog, and good work on the fritter hunting

    ReplyDelete