Saturday 31 January 2015

January 31st

We have been here 2 months already.  Hard to believe, the time passes so quickly.
  An early start to our day as our breakfast crew cooked today.  I did the pancakes and Marg did fried eggs again.  It is something we just started doing and is unique to our breakfast crew.  I was at the kitchen about 6:45 and she was there a bit later, shortly after 7, I would guess.  We had a good turnout, the last number I heard was over 70 fed and then our crew of 7 on top of that.  We went through a huge amounts of:  biscuits & gravy and bacon.  By the time we finished our cleanup it was after 10 & we were exhausted.  Especially tough for Marg who has been fighting a cold and generally feeling poorly.  We did something else today that was different.  We had some oranges and sliced them all up and halved them to put a wedge on everyone's plate.  It went over pretty well, so another good idea from Marg
  After we got back to our unit, we just rested for a while.  It was a lousy day anyway as there was a light rain off and on most of the morning.  Had a bit of company, one of the ladies brought her daughter over to see the little family figures we received for Christmas.  Everyone who sees them is quite taken with them.  After lunch I went out and installed the new outdoor light. The old one quit on us and we need one with a motion sensor so that we get light as we drive up in the dark.  I also worked on my downspout at the front of the carport.  With any luck this will be the solution to my water runoff problems in that area.
  Went out to fill the truck with fuel tonight, it looks like the prices have bottomed out in this area.  I saw some rates have risen noticeably from last week.  While I was able to get it at $1.79/gallon, the station closest to us is now $1.99.  Still much better than anything we have seen for a while, but I was hoping it would last a bit longer.  It seems every year the fuel prices rise just prior to our departure, so we will keep our fingers crossed for the next couple of months that we don't return to where we were back in November.
 

1 comment: