Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wednesday

What a great day, it started out nice and just got better.  Was it hot, absolutely!
  I left with the guys for golf this AM.  Rode with Pat who also took Gene & Gary, making it 2 Americans & 2 Canadians.  One retired scientist, one retire accountant, one semi-retired golf pro, and one retired but back to work engineer.  I had a good game [for me anyway] and thought I had the prize money on closest tee shot to the pin on #6, but Gary edged me out.  I did however par the hole, the only one today.  In fairness he is a good golfer, for an engineer, LOL.  I was able to redeem myself from last week, improving by 4 strokes.  Three of us in the truck finished with the same score and one was lower, you can probably guess which one by the professions I gave above.  I didn't golf with any of these guys, rather 2 brothers-in-law who are hilarious and a lady from the other park who can be as well.  We had lots of chuckles with the comments flying around, like what's the view like in the bush there.  Every so often Jim or Gary would say - hey, I'm golfing here.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals today and had a good time.  They always have lots of laughs and celebrate each others' success.  Two of them were winners, with Marg being the most successful with her $300 win.  She is having a good winter this year.  I can't imagine Ft McDowell is ever the same when these gals get through with it.
  Had to make my own lunch again, although we made a late night run to Fry's to get some groceries last night; essentially so I would have good lunch stuff.  I went to Fry's to get the whisky that was on sale.  The sale was yesterday, but they gave me a rain check as they were out.  They only had 4 bottles of  Crown Royal, so I bought all they had and they let me keep the rain check so I can get more.  Well after all $13 per bottle is a pretty good deal & it was a one day special. After I spent much of the afternoon visiting to ensure I was up to date on the park info.  It turns out I learned some new stuff while at Bob's office.  Checked the mail, turns out the only thing of value was a t-4 from the bank at home.  Then I managed to get in a few games of 8 ball.  Played pretty good until I had to play Dick one-on-one.  He is the ranked player and although I did win twice, I think he was easing off -- lots.
  Went to happy hour, there was a pretty good sized group today, although somewhat short of ladies because of the trip Marg & the gals went on.  One of the good news things out of it was some planning for a trip into the desert on Monday.  This will be the first one this year, so I hope it goes ahead.  Norm and Bud have the route all planned out and it will be interesting as I have not been where they are planning on going.  The gamblin' gals pulled up just as the happy hour got going - Nancy drove today and the party was at her place.
  Marg & I went out for supper as we had too many other commitments to make it tonight.  Marg must really have been trying to get on my best side as we went to Ihop.  Supper was good and we were able to get out in time.  Marg had the all-you-can-eat fish, me not so much.  What were the commitments we had, well Marg was doing laundry and I was playing poker.  Well it is Wednesday, the day Marg calls D Day - Dave's day, what did you expect?
 

2 comments:

  1. Another busy Day, it seems that you both had good ones. That $300 win equates to a lot of whiskey at the current price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Wednesday needs to be called G day....not sure where you find the time to fit all this in while the Olympics are on... My life currently is being ruled by the Curling, I keep planting myself in laser office at the time of day the mid match is on..., and it has been educational to be giving the Low down on the rules. Then rush home to catch the afternoon match (morning coffee while first match finishes lol) it's an enormous responsibility supporting Canada from accross the pond, yesterday was win win dilemma Canada vs Great Britian in the ladies... Needless to say the Canadian women remain undefeated! Go Team Canada! (suppose that doesn't go well amongst your America. Hosts however...)

    ReplyDelete