Sunday 16 February 2014

Sunday

Another great day in AJ, I think the high was 85F today.  There was a bit of a breeze & it was a bit overcast, making for a great day, hot but not too hot.
  I went for a bike ride early in the morning and returned while it was still very pleasant in the morning.  With the wind out of the east & that direction being uphill, it was a good workout on the way out, but the ride back was in my top gear at a pretty good pace.  When I got back Ralph walked by and said his company would be leaving on the 23rd, so they would pack Feb 24th and probably get a good sleep and leave at 4AM, so that would give us possession of the park model on Feb 25th.  I thought to myself -- good sleep?  How is that possible leaving in the middle of the night?  He had earlier explained that being a truck driver he preferred to drive at night & I have heard that from others in the past.  A couple of ladies stopped in to look at Marg's flooring samples and Ron came by with a bunch of paint samples.  He does a lot of painting and I had asked him for input on what he thought would be required to cover where we want to paint.
  Marg made grilled bacon & eggers for a late breakfast/early lunch.  Whoever came up with that idea should have got a medal, or maybe it's just the way she makes them. 
  This was good news, so we went out to look for a new BBQ.  We found one we really like, but the box was so big it would not fit in the car trunk.  It was pretty funny, I left my golf clubs out and just on the floor inside the motorhome. Marg must have been really excited to get at it to say just lay them on the floor and lets' get going.  LOL  Now we just need to get one of our truck owning friends to go with us for a bbq.  Also looked at some patio furniture, some that appealed to us, but we think this will probably wait until next year.  The bbq we will use this year, but probably not the patio stuff.
  Stopped at a few stores to look at bedding and at Total Wine to look at more interesting stuff.  I bought a bottle of scotch that Marg found to try; it is new to me.  What really sold me is the clerk said it was popular, but just buy it and if you don't like it, bring it back.  Never heard of that before.  A 12 yr. old single malt [of course] produced by The Grangestone from Ayrshire.  Had a wee dram & it is quite nice.  Then I stopped at Fry's and filled out my rain check for Crown Royal @ $13 a bottle.  What is neat, they still all come with the purple bag here, at home it seems most do not.
   Got back just in time for happy hour.  Marg had picked up some croissants and sliced them to take.  She had a jar of Saskatoon jam from home to put on them.  Last year she learned that no one here had ever heard of saskatoons, so she decided to bring it and give them a taste. It was unanimous, everyone loved it.
  Supper tonight we bbq'd the steaks we took out 2 days ago.  It seemed something came up everyday and we ended up going out for dinner.  So with baked potatoes and vegetables, supper was great.  No desert as it was ice cream social tonight.  They always give you cake with the ice cream, but I hardly ever take it.  If I have that much capacity I would rather have the banana split.  Alas that was not to be tonight.
 

1 comment: