Monday 17 February 2014

Monday

Happy birthday Kennedy.
  It was a hot day, I think it got to 84 or 85.  I went for an early morning bike ride and it was great.  There was a nice breeze to keep it from being too hot, although that made riding uphill into it a little more challenging. Saw the guys heading out for a day in the desert, sure hated to miss out on that.
   After I got back we went for a walk and Mayva's sister had made the mini donuts and was passing them around.  They were great.  Stopped and talked to a few people, one who wanted our pictures from the sock hop, even offering to pay for them.  LOL  Marg joked about it being my first paying gig as a photographer.  I don't think she was willing to pay the kind of money someone like Karsch would get.
  The gals all went out for lunch,  They went to Los Gringos Loco, a pretty good Mexican eatery.  It seems they had not only great food, but lots of laughs and shopping.  Marg seized the opportunity when Linda was buying something to pay for it, to thank her for finding the park model deal and putting us in the loop on it as soon as she did.  Also got a new bedding set for the park model.  It seems we needed this to help us decide on paint colors.
  I went golfing with Gary and Gene to San Marco.  It is the oldest course in Phoenix and has been allowed to become a bit tired as they are going to totally redo the course.  A group of investors bought the resort and now that it is finished are focusing on the course.  It was so hot that I found myself failing a bit on the last 3 holes.  I only lost one ball today, put it into someone's back yard, but my score was 4 strokes better than I last game there.  Gene had a hole in one on #8, a 144 yard par 3.  It was my first ace, by that I mean the first one I have been present for and actually seen.  We were whooping it up pretty good when it happened and at the end of the round he had us sign the card. 
  Got home and had a quick bite to eat as we had poker tonight.  This is a first, poker on Monday night and we had 10 players, so 2 table's.  I think I came out a bit ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment