Wednesday 6 March 2013

March 6th

This gorgeous weather is getting routine. 
  Got up and went with the group to Apache Sun for golf this AM.  Gerry C came in and joined the group.  A little better performance by yours truly today.  Scored reasonably well, hit the ball well, but every so often the wheels came off and kept me from a very low score.  I have played with the same ball now for 3 rounds, that must be some kind of record for me.  The new putter seems to have a flaw, it works off and on, LOL.
  When we got back Deb was waiting and Marg was in water aerobics.  Apparently they had a good work out again this AM and she was ready for a rest at the end.  We had a nice visit and all went to Hackers for lunch.  This was my first time there, this yr, although Marg has been there with the girls already.  Pretty good food.
  Played some pool this afternoon.  It's been a while since I played and had some good games.  Was lucky enough to play with Luther & Dick, who like to play like I do and we had some really challenging games and laughs.  Played with different Dick, Mike & Gino as well.  The style they play is a lot friendlier, but not one most of us advocate when playing other parks.  In those out of park tournaments, most of us play a take no prisoners style.  We never used to do that as much and were always on the losing end, but not so much any more though, we hold our own now.  Marg went out to find a wind up gift for Kenny  &Doris.  They will be doing their last ice cream social on Monday night and are having us all to a bbq tomorrow night, so she came up with the idea of making a bit of a present to them for running the socials and making them successful.
  Went to happy hour.  It almost drug out too long and we had to hustle to get supper made and eaten.  BBQ chicken and baked potatoes.  After supper Marg did laundry while I played poker.  I think I came out a bit ahead.  For Marg's part, I guess she is way ahead now too.

2 comments:

  1. llol .... Another action packed day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Different Dick" sounds like an interesting character, I do hope that it's not just a typo.

    ReplyDelete