Saturday 2 March 2013

March 2nd

The nicest day of the winter to date, it was about 82F at the daytime high.  Everyone you met said the same thing - this is the reason we came here.  Found out my watch was on the wrong date, when you retire it's hard to keep track of details like what day or date it is.  I can't explain it, you have to experience it.
  Went for a bike ride early in the morning to avoid the mid-day heat we knew was coming.  Out in a good shift and worked up a good thirst.  Too bad I am still taking the penicillin or I could have put away a few cold ones.  It's like wasting a good thirst, but this too shall pass.  I told the guys that when I got done with this I was going to get blasted and a couple of them said to count them in.  Knowing Bud, he'll be up for it too, LOL.
  Marg went for water aerobics this morning.  It has been a few days since she went, so she said it was almost like the first time with the stiffness and such.  They work out for an hour and it's pretty steady and vigorous.  They have tapes they play that give out the routine and they are all jumping and twirling about in the pool.  No guys though, just gals it seems.  Still too early for me to enter the pool for my annual dip, LOL.
  Went out shopping for the afternoon.  Marg needs shoes to match the wedding dresses.  Well maybe need is not the right term, perhaps wants is more like it.  She was successful with shoes and some matching hand purse thing, so was happy.  Me well as usual I sat in the car and read a western [duster or oater].  I was lucky enough to find a shady spot, so was happy as a clam.  The other good news was we only had to go as far as Superstition shopping area.  On the way back we stopped at Source for Sports and got some golf balls.  I tend to pound a few of them into wet or bushy places never to be seen again, although I haven't lost one for a few games now.  Shouldn't have even talked about it, may have jinxed myself.  While we were in the parking lot Marg got a call from Lucie & Norm, they are in Peoria, the other side of Phoenix, so we may see them tomorrow, they are just working out their plans.
  When we got back we went for happy hour.  By now they have quit giving me a hard time about drinking water.  One of the couples [from Georgia] have booked their flights and cruise to Sweden and then London in July/August.  That reminds me, we need to do some of that for this summer to be with Anna & Craig when they tie the knot.
  Sometime during the cocktail hour, Marg & Doris made plans to go out for dinner, so we went with Kenny & Doris to the Golden Corral.  It's a western food buffet and is pretty darn good.  The place was really packed, I guess Saturday nights everywhere are the same. Both the food and the company were good.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Had to break down and give Phil a alcohol free beer with his take away curry on Thursday... Thought that would make you laugh ! We need to sort out the trip for this summer with all the wedding and what we plan to do after... going f to be an exciting summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the near beer, but the rest sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was desperate times lol

    ReplyDelete